CHAPTER 8- THE MISUNDERSTANDING

That day in the night

Taani sat on the side of her bed staring blankly at the ceiling. The whole day was playing in her mind. Her face showed signs of tiredness and her body had given up for the day. Mental exertion can be way more tiresome than physical exertion. The day was filled with adrenaline. The gang had been very upset. Swayam came back home and went straight to his room without taking his dinner. Taani called him once but he asked her to leave him alone. Taani understood his condition and did not budge further. Even she was in no mood to eat herself. As the day played in her mind she felt a little irritated. Her unknown fears scared her. She decided to distract herself. She opened her laptop and started checking her e-mails, social media, as well as the college website.

As soon as she opened the college website her eyes went to the new notice released on the website. The same notice she put on the board the other day. She lied on her bed upside down and kept staring at the screen. Something had definitely caught her attention and she could not take her eyes off it.

She became lost in her thoughts when suddenly the door bell rang. She was so engrossed in her thoughts that the bell woke her up with a shock. She quickly checked the time it was almost 11. Who could have come at this hour?

She ran to the door and hesitantly opened it. The sight in front of her was unexpected.

Kriya was standing at the door only to be welcomed by Taani. As soon as Kriya saw Taani she smiled at her. Kriya somehow liked Taani since she was the only one who did not judge her. Also because something about her made Kriya curious. She felt there was more to her than what she showed. However Taani was a little taken aback by the sudden visit...

Taani- aap yaha...iss waqt?

Kriya- Haan woh mujhe Swayam se baat karni thi

Taani- oh alright...but mujhe nahi lagta bhai aapse baat karenge.

Kriya- I know but please mujhe ek Baar try karna hai

Taani- are you sure I mean aaj waise bhi bahut kuch hua. Maybe you should give them sometime.

Kriya- mein jaanti hoon aap kya keh rahi Hein but mujhe Swayam se to baat karni hi hai. I know woh samjhega. And he will listen to me also. Baaki sab se bahut alag hai woh. Rey ki tarah impulsive nahi hai. Iss waqt mein Rey se to baat kar nahi sakti woh to meri sakal bhi nahi dekhna chahte honge.

Taani looked at Kriya with the mention of Rey.

Taani(a little irritated and angry)- hmm I understand but jo bhi hua after that you can't blame them for behaving like this right. Aur Rey...meine dekha tha ki woh kitne hurt the after you left. Woh impulsive nahi hurt hai and I feel that is justified.

Kriya- hmm mein blame nahi karna Rahi bas keh Rahi thi. I just thought I can talk to you so... anyways lagta hai Rey aur gang ke saath tumhari friendship bahut achi hai.

Taani- Haan Rey AGS hai thoda to mein unhe jaanti hi hoon...

Kriya- Haan right kaam karte karte Dosti ho hi jati hai. Waise Swayam kaha hai

Taani- andar kamre aap wait kijiye mein uhne bulati hoon.

Soon after much insistence Swayam came out to meet Kriya. Although he was angry he was not a person to judge so easily. He would give her a chance to explain. Strange that he never gave this benefit of doubt to his sister. But maybe our expectations are different from friends and family.

Kriya asked Swayam if she could speak to him in private and Taani just left without a word. But Taani was not satisfied. She also wanted to hear her justification. As the two settled in the balcony for a talk, Taani hid herself behind a wall were she could hear them. She knew this was wrong but she still wanted to know...