A New Power

"Some people love the ocean. Some people fear it. I love it, hate it, fear it, respect it, cherish it, loathe it, and frequently curse it. It brings out the best in me and sometimes the worst."

- Roz Savage

───────────────

"Enoch stop! Put me down this instant" I screamed scared for what's about to come

"No, you're going into the water. You're the only one out of us who hasn't gone in this afternoon" his once strong accent now coming off as a joking."

Looks like my screaming hasn't done any good this time

Enoch has just picked me up and is now dragging me towards the sea.

Now there's a reason why I don't go into water, touch it or otherwise. No one knows what my peculiarly is, and I wish it would've stayed that way. It doesn't have a name but I call it the Curse Of The Blood. Weird name yes, but my peculiarly doesn't come around that often.

Every time I touch water it starts to boil. Whether that be hard out or just starting. I do have the power to control it, but that's only when I have control over my surroundings. My kind has been dwindling over the past century with Wights tracking us down like some kind of sick game. Before their start of what they call "fun" there used to be hundreds of us all around the world, ranging from Asia all the way to America, but that was years ago. Now we are only a few handful left.

───────────────

Being dropped into the water and the feeling of if starting to come to a near boil starts to scare me

Just keep calm, breath in and out just like Mrs Potter taught me. But still the exercises haven't calmed me down yet.

Everyones sudden screams woke me up from my daze. Looking all around I could see that some of them were rushing onto the shore and some of them were still in the water wondering what is going on. The few that were still in the water I could see that slowly there skin was turning red (I'm guessing it was because of the heat.) But the rest who were out of the water were just staring at me with wonder in there eyes.

I looked down at what they were looking at to see masses of bubbles rising up around me. Not wanting to be seen any longer I took my head and my body down below the waves, while I was slowly going under I could hear a faint...

"Miss Peregrine, what's that?"

───────────────

A/N

I know that everyone hates authors notes but hear me out! This is my first short story I've written and I'm happy at how it turned out (I hope you are too) Also the cover that I have, might not stay there for to long as I could change it. In other words it's not fixed yet but I will keep you updated! Again thanks for reading ❤️