Sinners don't get second chances. (Ch.6)

a/n
I'm tHIS close to chucking myself off the stairs- Anyways I I have literally forgotten about this HAHAHA this chapter has been in my drafts for over a month (uh oh over 3 months now) and I apologize- I'm gonna leave a little self promo over here follow my edit account @/ciiphers on Instagram! I used to edit a lot of hazbin but not so much now, hopefully I will soon! Anyway happy reading and apologies for the lack of updates! (Again, please point out any spag mistakes!)
-Cyren

[Recap] "... I'll always forgive you."

Your pov

We continued walking in a somewhat awkward silence. Since there was still soft tint of blush dusted across my cheeks, I kept my flustered face hidden with my hair, which cloaked the front of my face. I couldn't bare to start a conversation because I didn't want to risk him seeing the absolute EMBARRASSMENT plastered on my face from that minuscule nudge. 

I'm confident Alastor didn't feel awkward whatsoever, though. He just kept smiling... and humming a little tune. I recognized it! It was requested and played often on the radio before I died. I guess it was popular in his time too. We didn't die too far apart, after all.

He continued his humming and took sophisticated strides across the pavements of hell. What I didn't realise until too late, was that he had stopped abruptly in front of a 1930's clothing store. I was too lost in thought and accidentally overstepped his position and continued walking alone for a few meters-

"My dear, where are you heading?" He chuckled softly.

I stopped dead in my tracks, realizing I had been to preoccupied with my daydreams to realise he already stopped.

I spun around haphazardly, and tried to play it out calmly, "Ah! Well I- You see.. I-.... I was..... I....uhh-"

My voice trailed off thinking it would be better just to keep quiet it's read of sputtering out nonsense. I guess I wasn't as calm as I thought I had been.

"Don't worry y/n, lets get you some more comfortable and casual clothing and we can head back to the hotel. Sadly, I will just be dropping you off at the hotel and parting ways as I have some... business to attend to."

I was slightly intrigued at his ending remark. Nonetheless I decided not to push further, because who in hell knows what this fancy man is capable of.

He grasped the handle and opened the door inwards toward the shop, leaving a small bell above the doorframe tinkling. He gestured me to walk in first and held the door open.

The soft colour on my cheeks deepened ever so slightly, and I practically ran in to avoid his view once again.

I slowed down as I reached the center of the shop, and briefly spun around to look at the beautiful clothing and garments hung and displayed around the place. It was heaven. The vibrant yet sophisticated reds, the deep and luxurious greens, the soft and calming creams and yellows; oh how enjoyable it was to stare and observe these bewildering apparels.

The bell rung softly once again from behind me, followed by the latch of the door.

Alastor paced towards where I stood and paused at the left of me, "What would you prefer? I heard, and correct me if I'm wrong, but we do come from the same era, yes? So I simply inferred that you would be more interested in the likes of this clothing instead of whatever millennials do wear now."

...what are millennials?

"Oh I did forget you arrived today! You must not know what a millennial is. In hell, time moves much, much, quicker, and the crossing between worlds take at least a decade on earth*. By now, it is simply around 2020. And so, the era of a new millennium!" He announced proudly, in an announcer-type voice.

*(A/n: not cannon in hazbin)

There were so many things to take in, I won't survive with the mindset of trying to piece everything together logically. It is hell after all, total chaos must be expected.

Breaking off from my train of thought, I answered Alastor sweetly, "Would it be okay to have a cream blouse, black trousers and a scarf?"

He smiled, revealing his triangular shaped teeth, and replied back with a voice louder than a suitable indoor voice.

"Why of course! A wonderful decision! Absolutely outstanding! I shall request that from the counter, pay the fee and we shall be on our way!"

I kept forgetting he would pay. I feel terrible because all these peoples are helping me and I don't have a single dollar to my name at the moment. I really do wonder how some of these people ended up in hell. Maybe it was an accident or maybe they're quite twisted behind the facade. I'll find out soon or later.

I was a murderer after all. A serial murderer. I have no right to judge.

A few minutes of patient waiting,  Alastor called to me to signal he had finished the transactions. We left swiftly and made our way back to the hotel. It was quite plain in all honesty, it wasn't remotely as eventful as the journey out.

As the hotel came into view,  Alastor cleared his throat, and lightly spoke my name.

"Y/n."

Very much confused, I replied, "Yes?"

"Stay away from the overlords. I am here to protect you, but that doesn't mean you can chuck yourself into danger. Please, my dear, do not leave the hotel without someone at your side."

I was slightly unnerved from this, but nonetheless I understood. It was a dangerous place. All the worlds most terrible people are sent down to here.

"I'll try my best, Alastor. Please don't worry too much about me. I shouldn't be your responsibility."

"I see. Please, do take my words of caution seriously."

"Bad things will happen."

A/n part 3 idk BDHSHAHA- thank you all for 3k+ reads! It's so swag man.  Through this chapter, you can really see the difference in quality because it's a 3 month difference. It either got a hell ton better or a shit ton worse. You decide. But!! Thank you for reading!! Next chapter will be...... on the [redacted]!