Neighbours of hell (ch. 9)

[a/n] hi lol ermmm it's been like a year?! Well nvm that I guess but hi welcome back if you're still reading! I would also like to ask... would you rather have:

A) shorter chapters, but MORE updates (300-500 words?)

B) longer chapters, but FEWER updates (it's like this atm! 1k words but very slow updates)

The dinner passed by with the same uncomfortable stare from Alastor and the bustling chatter from everyone else. Everyone was nearly done with their food and Husk was on his twelfth bottle of pungent poison.

As soon as you finished your dinner, you got up in a flash and thanked everyone for the food, "Well! This was very kind of you all, considering you are demons. I do think I'm full now, so is there a place I could rest for tonight?"

Charlie got up just as quick as you and nodded delightfully, "Yes yes!! We have... quite a few spare rooms- take your pick! The keys are behind the front desk, you can go right ahead. Everyone's rooms are on the first floor, so you can come join us if you'd like!" she invited me with a smile. Vaggie sat at her chair finishing her last bits of food while watching our conversation go on. Angel dust was back at it again at harassing the tipsy Husk, with still very little progress. 

If you take into account that this is hell, after all, you really were lucky to end up where you were now. 

After putting your cutlery and plate in a tidy manner, you started towards the door. 

Little did you know, a red phantom followed closely behind. The toothy crimson demon had flickered out of his seat and walked right out the room with you.

The lobby was in quite a ragged state, it seemed like it was really in need of a makeover. Cobwebs in the corners, dust as thick as carpet, and so dim that it looked more like a cave than a hotel. Carefully, you stepped over to the front desk and peaked at the keys which also housed a very dense layer of grime. The only keys left for the first floor were rooms 003 and 006. It was safe to assume the first two were Charlie's and Vaggie's, so you happily scooped up room 003 and turned around on your heel.

Only to find your face barely an inch away from a smiling red menace. 

He backs away slowly, leaving you flustered and stunned. Slyly, he holds up his own key. 

room 004.