Chapter Forty Eight

ابدأ من البداية

The same one that Master Sang-hyun knew.

"Please sit back down," the White Mask murmured as he closed the door behind him. "You can try and kill me now if you'd like. Then you'll really never get out of this room."

Minho blinked. "Who said anything about me killing you?" he asked as he sat back down.

The White Mask shrugged. "You were kidnapped and put in a room with no exits without knowing where you were, why you're here. I would assume you'd want to kill the person who ordered all of that."

"I am very curious, if you'd like to tell me," Minho muttered bitterly as he rubbed the back of his throbbing head. "How about introduction first? Who the hell are you? I'm Prince Lee Minho of the Western Kingdom in case you were wondering."

"I know who you are," the White Mask chuckled. "But, as for who I am, I don't exist anymore. Only in the records historians right."

"What?" Minho blinked at him. "You're not making sense.

The White Mask sighed. "Fine, this might help," he slowly reached behind his head and unwrapped his mask from his face.

Revealing the handsome face of a man, probably in his late thirties.

And for some reason he looked very familiar.

Minho squinted at his face. "Who are..." he trailed off as something clicked in his head. He stood up with a jolt. "Oh! You're-" he stopped. "No, you can't be. Aren't you supposed to be dead?"

"I said that I didn't exist anymore," the late King Han Sang-hyuk muttered as he pulled his hair back. "Save your shock for later. You'll need it."

Minho closed his mouth and sat back down, feeling slightly better now that he knew he wasn't kidnapped by Black Masks.

"Wait!" Minho held his hand out as a thought crossed his mind. "You're not Black Masks, right?"

"No," Master Sang-hyuk shook his head. "We are the opposite. We are trying to save the Han Kingdom," he looked at Minho's face. "Which is why I need you."

"Um... no offense," Minho muttered. "But why would I believe you?"

"There is a lot that you don't know," Master Sang-hyuk knocked back on the door which opened within seconds. "But before I explain, how about we eat?"

Minho gave him a distrustful look.

"If you don't run away, nothing bad will happen," Master Sang-hyuk muttered as he turned and walked away.

Minho ran after him.

~oOo~

After a meal of roasted meats, Minho finally took in the base he was standing in.

It was a hollowed out mountain. The very center had been scooped out and sunlight flowed in from the openings along the sides of the mountain. "I can't believe this was here the entire time and I didn't know," Minho muttered as he followed Jisung's father past perhaps a hundred men in exercising robes, running and fighting around the space.

"Sit down," Master Sang-hyuk motioned to a small wooden table. They were right next to an opening in the mountain overlooking the Western side of the mountain, the Lee Kingdom.

"You must have many questions," Master Sang-hyuk murmured. "Like how am I not dead? And what are you doing here?"

"Yes," Minho nodded. "Those would be good starts."

"Well," Master Sang-hyuk scratched his head. "I never died. The night that my wife and brother died, I was pulled out of the palace by Master Sang-hyun, and brought to this place where he nursed me back to health. And I have stayed here ever since."

"But what about Jisung?" Minho asked. "Why didn't you go back and be king once more? Why make him do it?"

"I needed to protect my country from here," Master Sang-hyuk motioned around. "Here, I can do more."

"But Jisung-"

"I am aware of what I put Jisung through," the older man shook his head like he was clearing unwelcome thoughts. "And that hurts me everyday. But it was necessary."

"... why?" Minho asked softly.

"Because we are being invaded," Master Sang-hyuk looked around. "The Western, Eastern and Northern Kingdom are all in danger. Which is why you are here."

"For what?" Minho had even more questions now.

"To save us."

"From who?"

Master Sang-hyuk sighed. "Have you ever wondered where the Black Masks that have been attacking you and your family and your people have come from?"

"Of course."

"They are from the southern kingdoms," Master Sang-hyuk pulled a map from his side and lay it on the table, pointing to the Southern Kingdoms. "All five of them. They are teaming up on us and invading us one by one. The Lee Kingdom is next," Master Sang-hyuk glanced at Minho who was taking in the information slowly. "And we need someone who can lead us into battle. Someone who can win."

Minho was silent.

He looked up from the map slowly and turned to look at Master Sang-hyuk. "Is that why you brought me here?"

"Yes," Master Sang-hyuk stood from the table. "And that is enough questions for today. If I tell you much more, your head will pop."

He was probably right.

"Come, I'll take you to your room."

"I'm not going back there," Minho protested as he followed after. "And I still have-"

"-many questions," the older of the two nodded. "I understand. And I will answer them soon. For now, you must rest," he led the way down a stone hallway where sliding paper walls were built in. "You're staying here," he glanced inside. "Don't thank me too much."

"What? What are you-"

"WAHHH!"

Minho froze when he heard the cry. He glanced at the master before he burst into the room to find Hei-ran in a small bed wailing.

"Hei-ran!" Minho ran forward and swept her up in a hug, holding her to his chest. "Hei-ran," he kissed her head. "Are you alright?" he looked her over.

"She's fine," Master Sang-hyuk muttered, leaning into the room. "This is your place. Please don't try to run with her. We have the entire place guarded," he bowed his head before stepping out. "Have a good night."

Minho watched him go with wide eyes before he turned back to Hei-ran. "What is going on?" he murmured, looking over to the soft bed that was waiting for him.

He lay down on the soft blankets and rested his head on the pillows.

He didn't mean to, but the moment his head touched the pillow he had fallen asleep, Hei-ran at his side.

The two slept together that night, unaware that Yeong and Jisung were doing the same miles away.

They were now alone. Separated once again. And this time by no choice of their own.

And both had no idea when they'd be seeing each other again.