Chapter 10

{Hana P.O.V}

I rested my head on Beni's shoulder as Kaori played with the hand that held my wedding ring. Beni doesn't like the Empire's way of living, but he liked the idea of having marriage rings for us.

"Can you at least hear what company 8 has to say? I don't want anything happening to you or our family"

He placed a gentle hand on my head before he spoke. "You worry too much. I won't let anything happen to you or anyone we care about".

There was a moment of silence before he spoke again, "But if it will make you happy, I will have a talk with company 8 later, alright?"

"Alright, thank you for listening to me"

"Of course, anything for you" he replied as he kissed my forehead.

"But I'm still not very fond of the Shinra and Arther kids. They keep trying to get your attention".

I giggled as I responded to his statement, "Harue does the same thing to you sometimes".

"Yeah, but she's our daughter. The other two are just snot nosed brats".

"I think that we have been inside long enough. You should go out and lead the construction team".

"I'm still not sure about being captain even though I have been for the last 3 years. I still think that it should have been Konro".

"You are a great captain and everyone loves you and whatever you choose, I will be behind you all the way till the end".

"I love you, you know that"

"Of course. You tell me that everyday and allowed me to have two beautiful children".

He chuckled before taking Kaori off my lap which caused him to latch onto Beni almost immediately. He the used his other hand to grab mine and help me up. Kaori started to try to grab at his hair again.

"We should really talk about his hair pulling habit before I lose all my hair. It's weird that He never does this to anyone, but me even though my hair's not that long".

I laughed before replying "You're his father. Maybe it's his way of showing affection?".

"He could just show it by giving a hug or a kiss like he does with you".

I laughed before asking "Kaori. Do you pull Papa's hair because you love him?"

"Yes, love Papa very much". His response cause Beni to mutter under his breath "brat".

Beni held my hand as we exited the house.

"Lets get these repairs started quickly. If I destroied your house during Kantaro's send off, you are welcome to stay at the guard house. We'll look after you until it is fixed. I don't think it will take too long" Beni announced to the other fire soldiers.

I took Kaori and handed him off to Harue to play with her and the twins while I help with whatever I can. Company 8 decide to help out as well which I was glad for because I believe that it would help out a lot. Beni was supervising the repairs while I used my fox fire to help keep unstable structures secure so that it's safe to work on.