Chapter 6

{Benimaru P.O.V}

I ran into our bedroom as I laid down Hana onto our shared futon. Hikage laid down Kaori as they ran off to join the search.

"Mama" Kaori turned around to face Hana be for grabbing onto her clothes tightly and rubbing his face into the cloth. Hana woke up from the movement.

"Ah Beni" she was trying to sit herself up before I placed my hands onto her shoulders to try to support her.

Hana started to whimper again as tears threatened to spill. "I was supposed to look after her and I even failed to do that. I'm such a bad mother" as tears fell down her face once more.

Kaori sat up too while tugging at her sleeve to get her attention before shaking his head in disagreement. He may be only one years old, but he is very smart for his age.

"I agree with Kaori. You were too busy taking care of Kaori while he was sick. I don't expect you to be able to do everything" I tried to comfort her as I pulled her in close and wiped her tears with my hands.

"You are a strong woman that also cares too much for other which make me love you even more".

That seemed to calm her down a little bit more as Kaori was hugging her as well. Hana then tried to stand up, but I kept her down.

"What are you doing?"

"I need to look for my baby" as she looked me in the eyes.

"You don't need to do that"

"Yes I do, I'm her mother"

"You collapsed earlier because you contracted Kaori illness. We can't have you passing out in the middle of the search" it was harsh, but I needed her to understand.

"I feel like such a burden for letting this happen"

"Of course your not. You just need to get better and I have everyone in Asakusa looking for her right now, so you shouldn't worry alright?"

"Alright" she answered quietly as she laid back down and pulled Kaori into her chest.

"Be sure to bring her back safe, alright?" She ask quietly.

I smiled before answering "Alright".

Before I was able to get up, I felt a small tug on my sleeve and saw large eyes staring up at me that was connected to the tiny hand. "Papa".

"It'll be alright. I promise to bring your sister home" I assured him before going out to join the search.

{Harue P.O.V}

I've been running for a long time and it was starting to hurt my feet since I didn't have time to put on my shoes. My foot fell into a hole which caused me to fall over.

"Ow" tears were about to fall down my face, but then I noticed that the cat had stopped.

The cat stood there before dropping my Mama's hair stick. It then took off again. I scrambled to my feet as I ran to grab the stick. "Haha I did it!" As I cheered, I then notice that I was pretty far from town. I sucked up my tear and put on my brave face before walking carefully back to where I came from. My face was really dirty from the fall, but I was only concerned with getting back. I noticed that there where a lot of people frantically running around before I went up to Uncle Konro.

"Uncle Konro what happened?" I ask, completely ignorant to the whole ordeal.

He just pick me up before yelling "Where were you?! Everyone was worried sick looking for you. You almost gave me a heart attack! I am only 38 and I already get enough stress from your father! Lets go get you to him!"

He didn't let me speak before sprinting down the street to look for Papa.

{Benimaru P.O.V}

We were all still looking for Harue outside of our house before I saw Konro with Harue in his arms. I grabbed her from him before setting her down and grabbing her small arms.

"Do you know how worried we were about you when we learn that you had gone missing?!" I had never yelled at her before which startled both her and Konro.

Harue then started to tear up. She put her tiny hands up to her face before crying. "I'm sorry I didn't mean to scare you. A cat took Mama's hair stick and I knew that it was her favorite. I'm sorry. I'm so sorry!" She started to hiccup from crying too much as I hugged her even tighter.

"Never do that again" I said softly as I started to cry as well.

"I promise Papa. I'm sorry"

I got up before telling Konro "Thank you Konro. I'm going to take Harue back to Hana and I need you to call off the search". He soluted before answering "of course Waka".

I held Harue by the hand before walking towards the entrance.

{3rd Person P.O.V}

Kaori heard noises coming from outside, so he wanted to go see what it was. He struggle to get out of his mother's tight hug without waking her up. When he was finally able to get up, he leaned over and gave his mother a light kiss to her forehead before running off down the hall. When he made it to the entrance, he became nervous and peaked out from behind the wall. He saw that it was his father and that he had found his sister.

He ran out "Onee-San!" He screamed as he tackled his older sister in a large hug. He started to cry "Bad, Bad, Bad!" He kept repeating as he hit his sister with his tiny fists. Harue started to cry as well because that was the first time he had ever called her onee-san because of how quiet he was.

Time skip

Hana didn't wake up too long after as she was feeling better. When she walked out into the hall, she turned to her left and spotted her daughter running towards her.

"Mama!" Hana crouched down as she squeezed everything she had into that hug.

"What were you thinking?! How could you have run off like that?!" as Hana started to cry as well.

"I'm sorry! I didn't mean too! A cat took your favorite hair stick and I knew that it was important to you!" as she held up the hair stick.

"You are important to me! Never do that again!"

Kaori joined the hug as did Benimaru as they were all happy to have Harue back.

"Hehe you are so dirty" as she used her sleeve to wipe up her face.

"Thank you, thank you so much for keeping your promise" she whisper to Benimaru.

"Of course. I'll keep my word for you" as she leaned in and gave him a passionate kiss. "Eww, hehe" said Harue as she held her hands up to her mouth and Kaori didn't know what she was doing so he copied her movements. That cause Hana to laugh and Benimaru to give a small smirk as she another kiss to both Harue and Kaori.