Night of Bliss & Sealed with a Kiss

Start from the beginning

But now that his friends were awake, they weren't planning on going back to sleep; it was the day of the Yule Ball, after all.

The brown eyed boy had groggily removed the blanket that covered him, before sliding out of his bed tiredly, shuffling slowly after Dobby as the house-elf pulled him towards his section of the closet.

Hanging up on the closet door was a midnight blue dress robe, a white dress shirt, black dress pants, and a black bowtie, that completed the look. Dobby beamed widely as though waiting for his master to tell him he did a good job. Charlie turned around and smiled at the elf before leaning down to give him a high-five.

"Good work, Dobby," he said happily, "they look great. Thanks again for helping me out."

"It was an honour, sir!" Dobby squeaked, "But Dobby must go now, sir, we house-elves are busy preparing for tonight's feast!"

And with that, Dobby hurried out of the dormitory, waving good-bye to Harry, Ron, and the others as he passed.

"Anyone fancy going down early for breakfast?" Ron suggested, "I'm starving."

Charlie laughed, "When are you not?"

But nonetheless, all of the boys in the dorm agreed. They all got dressed, met back up in the common room, and went down for breakfast together. They spent most of the morning in Gryffindor Tower, where everyone was freaking out about the Yule Ball, then returned to the Great Hall for a magnificent lunch, which included at least a hundred turkeys and Christmas puddings, and large piles of Cribbage's Wizarding Crackers.

They went out onto the grounds in the afternoon; the snow was untouched except for the deep channels made by the Durmstrang and Beauxbatons students on their way up to the castle. Elaina had even made her way outside, choosing to watch Charlie, Harry and the Weasleys' snowball fight rather than join in, and at five o'clock said she was going back upstairs to get ready for the ball.

"I'll see you tonight," she said to Charlie, giving him a peck on the cheek before heading back towards her dormitories.

"I never did understand why girls need more than three hours to get ready," said Ron, watching her incredulously and paying for his lapse in concentration when a large snowball, thrown by George, hit him hard on the side of the head.

There was obviously no dinner in the Great Hall today, as the Ball included a feast, so at seven o'clock, when it had become hard to aim properly, the others abandoned their snowball fight and trooped back to the common room.

Charlie, Harry, Ron, Seamus, Dean, and Neville changed into their dress robes up in their dormitory, all of them looking very self-conscious, but none as much as Ron, who surveyed himself in the long mirror in the corner with an appalled look on his face.

As for Charlie, he paired his outfit with a pair of sleek black shoes to finish it off; he looked pretty good, if he did say so himself. Harry wore a similar outfit to Charlie's, only his robes were forest green to match his eyes, to which Ron wasn't pleased. His friends looked as though they had just stepped out of the recent James Bond film, while he seemed to resemble his Great Aunt Tessie — how tragic.