𝐏𝐑𝐎𝐋𝐎𝐆𝐔𝐄

PROLOGUE

✁・・・

"LET'S BREAK UP, KAI." YOU TOLD the person in front of you casually as you sipped on your iced coffee. You observed how his eyes widened, choking on his own drink, and how seconds had passed before he replied to you. It was funny to see, although it hurts a bit to say that you'll be letting go of someone you used to love. But even though it hurts you, you didn't regret coming here with him to announce that you would break up with him. Comparing to what you had gone through because of him, this was nothing.

Hell, what he did couldn't even be compared to this at all. He had put you through hell and back.

"Kai... where are you?" You immediately asked once you heard that he had picked up your call.

You pulled your skirt down, feeling conscious of your surroundings as the rain fell. Passersby had a look on their face that looked like they were pitying you. You were already waiting for him for thirty minutes now, and this wasn't the first time he was late.

"Hmm, at home. Why?" He said hoarsely through the phone, yawning.

And it wasn't the first time he forgot about it, either.

"You promised to meet with me today at the designated place. You're thirty minutes late already." You said calmly as possible, but the tone in your voice says otherwise.

"(N-Name)!" It was evident in his voice that he was surprised. "I'm sorry, but I won't be able to make it today. I'll treat you next time to make it up to you." You could verbally hear how he was panicking through his voice as he made excuses.

You felt tears pool in your eyes but you fought it as you bit your lip. You didn't want to cry today. You refused to cry because of him.

"Okay..." You ended the call.

You already knew that he was only using you because you were of use to him, but you refused to acknowledge that fact because you liked him.

Who wouldn't? He had the looks that made everybody think that he was drop dead gorgeous with his white hair and dazzling green eyes, and how he treated you back then was what made you stay with him. But that all changed ever since you both entered U.A High.

It's not that he wasn't faithful to you during your relationship with him, but rather, he had used you because your father had a high-ranking position and could give recommendations to get into U.A.

And he got in because of you. You recommended Kai to your father and he was put to Class 1-B, while you were on Class 1-A. You both got into U.A because of recommendation.

"W-What? Why so sudden, (Name)?" Kai tried to laugh it off but you were more than serious.

"You already got what you wanted; to get into U.A. So there's no need for you to stay with me. I want to break up with you." It was shocking how you managed to stay calm, when usually you've already shouted at him. But you knew too well than to exert effort for him again.

His eyes widened with what you said. His lips parted, trying to find the right words to say.

You smiled bitterly because you knew the reason why he couldn't reply. It was more than true, and you saw right through him.

You took one last sip on your iced coffee before you stood up and spoke. "Stay safe, Kai."

You left him alone on the table and he tried to catch up on you but you were already out of his sight.

You felt that a burden on your shoulder was now gone once you had let go of him. And for once, you finally felt... free.

Time flew by fast and it has been already a few weeks since your break up with Kai. You felt happier now that he was gone in your life, as your relationship back then with him felt like a chore. It felt forced.

"(Name)~ could you stay for a bit? We're almost done finishing the project." Mina said, intertwining her hands with yours.

"Okay," You chuckled.

And with that, you stayed with her and a few others who were also finishing their project in the classroom. It made you happy that you were spending time with your classmates, although it took awhile before you all finished.

You felt the urge to pee right after finishing the project while they were already fixing their bags, so you figured that they could go first and you didn't want to bother them.

You left the room and went to the comfort room to relieve yourself, and once you were done, you fixed your appearance a bit before going back to the classroom.

On your way to the classroom, you didn't expect for someone to be waiting for you. At the sight of the person in front of your classroom, you stiffened.

Why was he here? You didn't want to see his face anymore.

"(Name)," He started to speak, but you really didn't want to talk to him anymore.

"Get to the point, Kaito." You stared at him coldly. His eyes widened with what you called him. He took a deep breath before speaking.

"(Name), please come back to me. I love you so much to let you go."

Lies. You knew what he was saying are purely nothing but lies.

So why exactly is he saying that to you?

Because he loves the feeling of being loved. The feeling of knowing that whatever you'd do, someone would be there to support you, to be right by your side no matter what. And he knows that without you, that feeling would dissipate like vapor once you're gone in his life. He just wants the satisfaction. The feeling of being validated. The guilty pleasure of having you besides him. And you've had enough, you've endured enough.

He was nothing but toxic in your life. In your whole relationship with him.

Even though you hated him— No, you despised him, you still spoke so respectfully through gritted teeth. "I'm sorry, but I've had enough."

The reaction etched on his face was formidable— it was even pitiful. He knew already that he had lost you long ago, but not as long as he had been using you. This thought made you internally smirk.

"Please! I won't stop pestering you until you come back to me!" He begged, coming closer to you to hold your hand but before he could do so, you slapped his hand away.

You deeply sighed with how persistent he was being. You wanted nothing more than for him to get out of your sight.

"I'm in love with somebody else." You said out of the blue; you were just so desperate for him to leave.

"What...?"

As if on cue, you saw Todoroki leaving the classroom in the peripheral vision of your eye. An idea quickly came to your mind as you went to him. You saw how he gazed at you intensely with his heterochromatic eyes as you walked towards him.

Once you were standing in front of him, you pulled his necktie and tiptoed, making him lean down to your height as you pressed your lips with his while you closed your eyes.

His lips felt... soft. That, you didn't expect. That was what went through your mind as you kissed him. You even forgot for a second why you kissed him.

Surprisingly, he started to kiss back which made you surprised and open your eyes. He was staring at Kai as you kissed, which made you pull away as you remembered the reason why you kissed him in the first place.

You whispered on his ear quite hastily. "I'm sorry for kissing you, Todoroki-kun, but please help me. My ex is being tiresome and I really want him out of my sight."