¹² GOODNIGHT, TODOROKI

CHAPTER TWELVE

hi :D

✁・・・

YOU GENUINELY ENJOYED SPENDING TIME with the children in the orphanage. A part of you felt bad because at the end of the day, you would be leaving them soon and might not even see them anymore soon once again.

You had attachment issues, that, was very much obvious.

You get attached to people easily, just as how you're very much attached to Todoroki even when it has only been a month or so when you both have come to an agreement to start fake dating.

The fact that you already felt attached to the children shows that clearly.

"Sister, come play with us!" Tia shouted cheerfully, holding out her hand for you to hold. You smiled at the gesture and happily held her hand as she led you to the other children to play with them.

"Alright! What are we playing for today, then?" You asked as you sat down with the other children.

Time flew by fast, and before you knew it, you were already saying your farewells with the children as the sun was setting.

The children were weeping and crying as they bid their goodbyes to the both of you, however, you hugged all of them one by one and promised to come back with Todoroki.

"You will be visiting again, right, sister?" Tia asked you, holding onto your shirt as she tugged at it.

It surprised you to no end when she asked you that since you thought that she would've asked Todoroki that question, considering that she favored Todoroki more back then. However, as you spent time in the orphanage with the children, they grew more closer with you, and Todoroki wasn't an exception.

You kneeled down to her length as you looked at her in the eyes, smiling softly as you patted her head. "Of course, I will,"

"Pinky promise...?" She asked, showing her pinky. You chuckled and intertwined your pinkies together.

"Pinky promise."

Once you've unsuccessfully left the orphanage with Todoroki without crying and were out of sight of the children, you couldn't help but tear up a little as you stopped in your tracks. Todoroki notices this and looks at you, your face covered up with your hands as you felt embarrassed for crying with him looking at you.

"I- I'm sorry, I didn't mean to cry, don't mind me." You wiped the tears away as you replaced your frown with a grin.

Todoroki looked worried, his expression showing that he was panicking and didn't know what to do.

"Why are you crying, (Name)...?" Todoroki asks as he slowly went towards you.

You shook your head, refusing. "No, it's nothing..."

It was silent as the only sound that you could hear were the vehicles passing by, the wind rustling, and your soft whimpers.

He hesitantly puts his hand closer to your cheek and you notice this, allowing him to do so as he wiped a tear that fell out with his thumb, softly replying to you. "Then, could you at least please tell me what's our problem? I won't know unless you tell me, (Name)..."

You bit your bottom lip, his concern for you made your heart flutter as you started to speak up. "...Well, it's nothing that serious... it's just that..." You paused and looked away, "I kind of get uh, attached easily... and you could say that I feel really bad for leaving the children..."