¹¹ ARE YOU LOVING EACH OTHER?

CHAPTER ELEVEN

enjoy the double update ig lol

✁・・・

AFTER EATING BREAKFAST WITH TODOROKI, you dressed up in casual clothes as the both of you planned to go to the orphanage for the assignment given.

The two of you were scheduled to take care of the children for today, so the staffs were informed about the two of you visiting for the day.

You weren't technically fond of kids, but you didn't hate them, either. Your feelings for them were neutral. As long as they behaved.

"Shall we go, Todoroki?" You asked, looking up at him.

He nodded at you, and off the two of you go as you left the dorm to go to the orphanage.

Once you arrived at the orphanage, staffs greeted the both of you with Todoroki getting special treatment as he was the son of the number one hero. However, he shook it off as he asked for the schedule of what the two of you will be doing today.

"An employee will be guiding the two of you as you take care of the children, so don't worry too much," The nurse said as he handed over the schedule.

"Miyu," The same nurse called out, and a young woman you guessed was around her 20's answered. "You'll be guiding these two today. They volunteered to take care of the children for today,"

The nurse replied in understanding and Miyu introduced herself, as the both of you also did so.

"You're the number one hero's son, right?" Miyu asked with a shining glint in her eyes.

"Yes..." Todoroki nodded slowly. 

As the two of you followed Miyu to where the kids were, you looked over at the schedule set for what you were going to do today. The first thing that was on the schedule was spending time with the kids and after that was eating lunch with them.

"We're here in the playroom," Miyu said and opened the door. Some children were playing, some were sleeping, and some were conversing with each other.

Miyu caught their attention by clapping her hands loudly, making them stop what they were all doing as the children looked at her, then to you and Todoroki.

"We have a new older sister and brother who will be taking care of you guys for the day." She continued, "so let's show them what we've learned by behaving well, shall we?"

All of them nodded synchronously as they agreed, "yes, we will!"

And within seconds, the two of you were crowded with children.

Since there were a lot of children, you ended up separating with Todoroki as he interacted with the kids while you also did on your own.

It was obvious that the kids favored Todoroki by how much children were surrounding him, especially the girls.

"Big sister, what's your name?" A young boy asked you, and all the other children nodded in agreement, curious to know what your name was.

You weren't good with kids, so all of these interactions were new to you. Nonetheless, you smiled and replied softly.

"I'm (Name). How about you guys, what's your name?" You ruffled the hair of the boy who asked your name as they started to introduce themselves one by one.

While talking with them about different things they enjoyed, such as how this kid named Jean kept beating his friend on Roblox, you felt someone pull on your shirt lightly and you looked down to see a girl who was with Todoroki before looking at you with hesitant eyes. You kneeled down to her height and smiled at her.

"Hmm?" You hummed as a sign for her to start speaking.

"Umm... is that big brother over there," She pointed at Todoroki, "are you loving each other?"

You choked on air and started coughing loudly because of how her question took you by surprise, enough to catch even Todoroki's attention as he walked towards you.

"Are you okay, (Name)?" He kneeled next to you and looked at the girl who took you by surprise. "What happened, Tia?"

The girl looked like she was about to cry as she replied. "W-Well... I was just asking big sister if the two of you are l-loving each other, and big sister just started coughing!"

You felt very embarrassed so you stayed quiet, looking at Todoroki to hear his reply, only to be betrayed at his reply.

"Oh, well... big sister's very much fine, right, (Name)?" Todoroki looked at you, and you swear you could see a ghost of a smile from his lips.

"Ah... yeah, I'm fine, so don't worry... Tia," You smiled at Tia and patted her head.

"Now that big sister is fine, I think she's able to answer your question now, Tia. Why don't you ask her again?" Todoroki said, which made your eyes widen.

"Really? Then... are you loving each other, sister?" Tia didn't hesitate to ask you again, which made you almost laugh in disappointment.

"Well, may I know why you're asking me this, Tia?" You asked her with a single brow raised.

"It's because I like big brother, and I want to marry him. And you might take him away." Tia answered, and you laughed at her reply. It really was true that children were very honest.

"Does that mean you don't like me? We can get married instead, Tia." 

She looked confused at you as she held your hand. "I like big sister, too. But two girls can't love each other...? And I like big brother more."

You raised a brow at what she said. Who taught her that girls can't love each other?

"Girls can love each other platonically or romantically, Tia. And there's nothing wrong with that. And as girls can, so can boys." You explained carefully to the children. At a young age, you didn't want them growing up thinking that they can't love the same gender.

"Really? So it's not bad?" The children asked.

"Not at all, so don't think that way." You grinned at them as they changed the topic.

While you were speaking with the children, you felt Todoroki's eyes on you but you ignored it.

"Can I see your quirk, sister?" One of the kids asked and you agreed, showing them your quirk. 

Once it was time for lunch, the children lined up to go to the cafeteria and you smiled at the sight of them. You excused yourself to the comfort room before going with them, so they went first.

Once you got out the comfort room, you were surprised to see Todoroki waiting for you outside.

"Oh, Todoroki... why are you here?" 

"I excused myself and followed you. I wanted to speak with you." He replied.

"Hmm? What is it?" You nodded as a sign for him to go on.

"Well, I was wondering if you're okay if we spent our day like this, since I also said that this is a date... if you want, I can treat you to dinner after." He asked lowly, looking away.

You were taken aback by what he said. He really thinks that this isn't enough? 

"No, no! It's fine, Todoroki! Besides... I enjoy spending time with the kids... especially when you're with me." You almost muttered the last sentence.

Silence enveloped the two of you, and you were about to open your mouth to speak again when he replied.

"Ah, that's a relief, then..."

You smiled at him, glad that he doesn't have to worry anymore.

"Are you still up for a dinner date later, then?"

You laughed at him. "Well, I don't mind, so... sure."