-ˋˏ ༻ chapter thirteen ༺ ˎˊ-

-ˋˏ ༻ CHAPTER THIRTEEN ༺ ˎˊ------

-----

"WHERE ARE YOU TAKING ME? It's almost lunch time. Uehara just texted me that the coach wanted us to practice this afternoon instead of tomorrow," Sai said, furrowing her brows as Tendou kept dragging her somewhere.

His hand was grasping hers, making the girl bite her lip as she tried not to feel too embarrassed. It's been like that, after they got much closer with each other. Sai would find herself getting flustered with Tendou's actions, but would hide it away, especially after he kissed her. She was confused, not knowing why her heart also felt like it was pounding hard against her chest.

Did she like him after all? Enough to make her want to stay?

"What? Coach Washijo's tough. Why the sudden training? I thought you guys needed the break?" Tendou asked, but his steps didn't stop as he kept pulling the girl.

They were climbing up a flight of stairs, with Sai not even knowing what building it was that they were in. She was sure that it was abandoned, but she knew Tendou wouldn't kill her then and there... right? The girl rolled her eyes, scolding herself for being stupid for even thinking about that. Maybe it was all the horror manga she had been reading lately.

"Uehara said your team has rest day tomorrow, so we can just practice today since your practice is also half a day only. Something about same length of rest for both teams. Although, coach said it was up to us if we wanted to practice tomorrow morning, too." Sai replied, as they finally reached the top of the building.

Panting, both teens looked around. There was a couch in the middle of the rooftop, a few pillows placed on it. There was also a coffee table in front of it, a few mangas placed on top. Sai stepped closer to the furniture, and then she looked at Tendou.

"What's this place?" Sai asked, so Tendou sat down on the couch and pulled her down to make her sit next to him.

Both teens widened their eyes when instead of beside him, Sai landed on Tendou's lap. She immediately stood up and went to sit on the spot a few more inches away from him to be called next to him. Sai and Tendou's cheeks were burning, but they didn't let the other know.

"I'm sorry-"

"I'm sorry-"

Tendou pulled on the roots of his hair, as Sai covered her face in embarrassment. What was meant to be Tendou trying to make her spill what made her cry and all, turned into an embarrassing moment for both. Fortunately, they were the only ones in the area.

"This is my secret hideout. This building was my grandfather's but he passed away and ever since then no one touched it. So I set this couch up here so when I need time alone, I can just read manga here," Tendou said, trying to change the subject and to rid themselves of the embarrassment from earlier.