-ˋˏ ༻ chapter nine ༺ ˎˊ-

-ˋˏ ༻ CHAPTER NINE ༺ ˎˊ------

-----

"WILL YOU GO ON A date with me?"

Semi's words rang inside Sai's head, but she wasn't able to spit out a reply. If she were to go out on a date with someone, she didn't want it to be a replay of what happened with her and Kuroo. Thinking about it, Semi wasn't Kuroo. And there were huge differences between the two. But then again, she felt like she wasn't supposed to go on a date with the ash haired male. It wasn't that she disliked him, she just felt like it wasn't right.

"I'm sorry, Semi. But I don't think we should. We're just friends, after all," Sai said, giving Semi an apologetic smile which made him widen his eyes slightly by surprise.

When he regained his composure, Semi Eita gave Sai a smile and placed a hand on top of the girl's head. This action, however, didn't leave his teammates' eyes. They were watching the two, after all, knowing Semi's little crush on the female setter. They might have misinterpreted it, but if someone were to watch them interact, it would look like they had something going on anyway.

"That's alright. You don't have to apologize. You were right. We're just friends, after all," he replied, and as he was about to speak another word, a female interrupted him.

"Sai!"

Both setters turned their head to the sound of someone calling the amber haired girl, a small smile cracking on to Sai's lips. She needed to get out of the awkwardness, anyway.

"What's wrong, Hara?" Sai asked, smiling at the dark-haired girl.

"You promised to come with me later after school, didn't you? We should be planning now about what we should buy," Hara replied, making Sai smile gratefully.

"Right. Uhm, Semi?" Sai asked, so the male nodded at her.

Hara waited for her vice-captain to stand up and walk beside her before speaking up.

As they were already a few feet away from the ash haired teen, Hara chuckled to herself which surprised and at the same time, embarrassed Sai.

"Haha, that was awkward, Sai," she said, smiling slightly at the amber haired girl.

"Thank you for saving from further embarrassment, anyway. But you didn't have to laugh at me," Sai replied, sighing.

"Well, what can I say? First, it was Kuroo. Then there's Tendou. Now Semi? Talk about being a heartthrob," Hara said, smirking as she ruffled Sai's hair.

As surprising as it was, Sai couldn't help but smile at Hara's actions. Ever since she saw the female captain and Ushijima become close friends again, Hara changed into a better and more relaxed version of herself. The captain opened up more to the world. Something Sai wished for long. That, however, still remained a wish. But she was happy that her friend was able to step out of her shell— at least one of them succeeded in flapping their wings and stepping out of their comfort zone.