-ˋˏ ༻ chapter twelve ༺ ˎˊ-

-ˋˏ ༻ CHAPTER TWELVE ༺ ˎˊ------

-----

SAI AND TENDOU HAVE BEEN closer than before, but their interactions were kept behind the backs of both their teams. Tendou didn't mind about what the others would say about him, but he was, whether he admitted it or not, kind of uncomfortable about the fact that Semi liked the same girl he did and has already confessed. Even though the pinch server and setter was already rejected, Tendou couldn't ignore the fact that people though Semi and Sai looked good with each other.

He wanted to dismiss it, but perhaps, he really did feel jealous. After all, Semi wasn't that bad. He believed that anyone would pick Semi over him. It was, even to him, a surprise that Sai rejected Semi and instead gotten closer to him.

For Sai, hanging around Tendou and the others knowing about it made her feel uneasy. Not that she didn't want the others to know about how there was something kinda going on between them, but she was just not in the mood for her teammates bombarding her with questions especially after their team captain reconciled with the captain of the boys' team.

This thought alone, hanging out behind everyone's back, consumed both teenagers' thoughts. As much as they wanted not to hide and just be comfortable, they both knew about the consequences of suddenly acting a lot more closer than their former banters.

"Besides, it's not like we're dating," Sai muttered under her breath, taking a spoonful of her cereal and shoving it in her mouth. "It's just him confessing to me, and me... avoiding that subject."

It was a weekend, Saturday to be exact, and instead of practicing, the girls' team decided to have a break that day and resume practice the day after. It was, in Sai's thoughts, alright since she saw how the girls were secretly having extra practice and were close to overworking themselves. They needed that rest.

Before she was about to eat another spoonful of cereal, she was surprised when her phone vibrated and saw a chat from the red headed middle blocker himself. Involuntarily smiling a bit as she opened the chat box, Sai started replying back to his messages.

-----
Tendou Satori
active now •

satori
good morning sai
i hope you don't choke
on your breakfast! 😂

satori
kidding aside, have your
breakfast! i heard from
wakatoshi that your team
has a rest day today

satori
i kinda wish we were
having a rest day too but
knowing wakatoshi, of
course he's a volleyball
freak 🙄 i gotta go now
though

sai
good morning to you,
too, tendou. i hope you
don't trip over nothing,
asshole

sai
sucks to be you. rest
up, though, after your
practice