-ˋˏ ༻ chapter four ༺ ˎˊ-

-ˋˏ ༻ CHAPTER FOUR ༺ ˎˊ------

-----

THE TRAIN ON THE WAY to Tokyo was packed, much to the teenagers' displeasure. But at least, both were sat down although almost squished next to each other.

Sai was feeling nervous about what might happen, knowing how strange her mother was. The woman was quite unpredictable at times, and she knew that.

"Tendou, I'm sorry about bringing you into this, but I really needed your help. My cousin just assumed that we were going out and used it as an excuse to help me get out of an arrangement my parents were setting me up to. If that's alright, I'll do whatever you want. Okay?" Sai rambled, embarrassment seeping into her as she thought of Tendou doing this for her when all she did was push him away.

Expecting an answer, Sai looked at the redhead when she didn't receive one. To her surprise, it didn't look as if he was even listening to a word she said. She fought the urge to hit the back of his head, but it went away when she saw the expression across his face.

His eyes were wide with amusement as a small smile was plastered across his lips. He was focused on something in front of him, and it didn't look like he was his usual cocky self, at least according to the female setter.

His eyes suddenly met hers, making her furrow her brows and try to look away. Keyword, try.

Tendou Satori smirked after knowing that Sai was observing him, leaning his face only a few inches away from hers.

"H-Hah?! Idiot!" Sai exclaimed, hitting Tendou's head which made him chuckle with a mischievous expression across his face.

"No need to be such a tsundere, Sai. We're pretending, right? Here," the middle blocker said, and then placed something on her lap.

Furrowing her brows, Sai looked down on her lap only to see a manga. Her brows instantly shot up, and then she gazed at Tendou who looked at her as if expecting her to read it.

"What's this?" Sai asked, picking the manga up and observing it.

The manga she picked up was something about pirates exploring the vast seas of the world, looking for the greatest treasure there ever existed. Sai knew she heard about it somewhere, but never did she ever try reading a manga in her life before.

"Are you being serious, Yamamoto Sai? You don't read manga?" Tendou asked, blinking at the girl while taking the manga from her hands.

Sai shrugged, observing the pages of the manga handed to her by the tall middle blocker as he flipped it to what he called the best parts. She could say that the art was amazing, and was interested about what the story might hold.