=THE FIRST 24 HOURS=

I haven’t left this hospital since I got here.

Trapped inside of these four walls that were painted happy colors was driving me crazy when I was nothing close to happy. Knowing that Kellin was inside one of those operating rooms, possibly fighting for his life; it had me crying and having a panic attack at just the thought of losing those big bright blue eyes from this world.

It must have been in between the first 24 hours of my horrible stay at the hospital did one of the nurses finally came up to me to give me the first news I’ve heard about Kellin since he was signed into the hospital. I was antsy the whole time, fearing what she was going to say about my Kellin.

“Anyone here for Mr. Kellin Quinn?” My head shot up instantly, my eyes big in worry. What if they had something bad to say? What if Kellin wasn’t doing good, or worse?

I shook my head, clearing some of the bad thoughts from my head as I stood on shaky legs to greet the nurse who had a warm smile.

“I-I’m Vic Fuentus. I’m a friend of Kellin’s.” I shakily said as the nurses attention was brought to me. Please don’t have bad news, please, please, please!

“Hello, Mr. Fuentus. So far, everything seems to be going according to plan,” Thank God! I smiled a little, relieved, but then the nurse started talking again. “-but according to plan isn’t always a good thing.” My smile dropped and instead was re-placed with pure worry. What was wrong with Kellin? Weren’t they able to stitch the cuts and stop the bleeding? I combed my hands through my hair and started tugging at the long strands, a habit I’ve had forever.

“According to plan means that, yes, we have all of the cuts stitched up and new blood re-injected to re-place all the blood he’s lost, and his breathing and internal organs seem to be fine, but what we’re worried about, is if he’s going to wake up.”

“W-What do you m-mean?” No, this couldn’t mean what I thought, right? Please be right!

“Kellin has fallen into a coma.”  And that’s when I broke down.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------

 He looked so fragile, so broken, and so heartbreaking.

I was scared that if I were to leave Kellin’s side for a second, his heart would stop, forever taking him from this world. I was petrified to leave.

His body was covered with bandages. His arms; there was almost no where left for skin. Every other centimeter was another bandage wrapping around his arm, stopping the bleeding, and it killed me to think of how much pain he must have been in while it was happening.

I blamed myself for it.

Jaime knew that I liked Kellin. Even though I had never really talked to Jaime about Kellin, he’s seen me before. He’s seen me staring at Kellin before while he sits at the other end of the lunch room, and he’s seen the adoration in my eyes, but yet he goes out and does shit like this.

That was it that was the last straw. I’ve seen Jaime and the others do some messed up shit before, and I’ve let it all pass. I’ve had to pull Jaime out of some fights before because it was getting out of hand and because there was no reason for Jaime to beat the others up, but now, now that he’s messed with Kellin, and hurt him so bad, I just can’t be friends with them anymore.

Like I told Kellin a couple of days ago at the ‘Ferard’ house hold, I don’t give a shit about my reputation, and I will do anything for him. Anything. I will leave my friends for him, and I will protect him whenever I’m by his side.  It was simply that. I cared about Kellin, and I didn’t want to see him this hurt anymore.

I held Kellin’s small and pale hand in between mine and brushed his bangs from his eyes, revealing his closed eyes. I let out a sigh of frustration and leaned in. I pressed a small kiss onto Kellin’s delicate forehead and looked back down at Kellin. I squeezed Kellin’s hand, hoping for a squeeze back, telling me he was okay, but nothing happened.

I leaned my head against the edge of the bed, and I let the silent tears stream down my face, hoping for Kellin to open his eyes, just anything, because I can’t imagine living on without him.

-----------------------------------------  

I was scared to death when I awoke from my sleep.

Why I had been awaken, I instantly knew when I opened my eyes and felt a pair of arms pushing the chair I was sitting on back. I was confused, but finally, when I caught sight in front of me, I knew what was happening, and it scared me to death.

Doctors; they were everywhere, and they were crowding around Kellin, who’s heart monitor was beeping in a frantic rhythm.

I knew something was terribly wrong, and I found myself standing up and trying to get closer to Kellin, but only having a doctor shoving me back and yelling for me to get back.

I didn’t know what to do, I was freaking out. Something was going on with Kellin and strangers were crowding him, and they wouldn’t tell me what was going on. I found myself, yelling what was happening, but the doctors ignored me. I could feel the tears prick my eyes, but I held them back, not wanting to break down when I needed to know what was wrong.

I got closer to Kellin, desperately trying to find out what was wrong with him, and wanting to hold his hand, but the doctors wouldn’t let me.

I was able to look over the shoulders of two doctors, and what I saw didn’t just break my heart, it shattered my heart.

Kellin was their lying on the stark white bed, but he wasn’t still. Frightfully, his body thrashed from side to side, almost like he was having a bad nightmare, but he wouldn’t wake up. His eyes, they were squeezed shut, and tears where falling from them, and his breathing was hectic and uneven like he was struggling for breath.

I was freaking out. He needed me. I knew it. He needed me, and I was going to be there for him.

The doctors, they didn’t know what was going on, I saw them try to inject Kellin with some type of medicine, but they were having trouble getting him still. While some of the doctors moved so they could help, I took my chance, and crouched down to the side of Kellin, and didn’t waste my time to grab his hand that he was moving around and hold on tight to it. Gently, I started to run my thumb over his, trying to do anything to sooth him.

Kellin let out a whimpering sound; more tears poured out of my eyes. I lent down and pressed a kiss onto Kellin’s hand, hoping something I did would calm him down, and it did. I watched as Kellin’s breathing finally starred to even out, and his moving stopped, until it was left with slight shakes, and he stopped crying. I smiled. I had helped Kellin.

I continued to hold Kellin’s hand and brush my fingers through his hair, continuing to sooth him, while the doctors continued to boast how they had stopped Kellin from freaking out, when I knew, I had stopped Kellin from freaking out, and I couldn’t be any happier that I was the cause why Kellin was calm. Now I just hoped I was enough for him to open up his eyes again.

----------------------------------------

So... how was that? 

I know it was short, but really since Kellin's in the coma, their isn't much drama I can right about. Next chapter will be about the same, maybe a couple more hundred words then this one, but the next chapter is called =THE LAST 48 HOURS= so have fun with thinking about that!

And just so you know, I have a lot more planned for this story, so don't think it's ending just yet!

Guys Your AMAZING! I almost have 50 votes for this story and almost 900 reads, and it's AMAZING! THAKN YOU!!!!

~Ashley