"Woah," I heard Giwa comment, dragging my attention from the scene back to her.

"Woah, is right," I agreed. "Children these days are just spoilt rotten and rude."

"I can bet you on my life that her mother isn't a Nigerian woman," Giwa said. "If not that girl would have eaten sand for that nonsense she's doing."

Just then, we got distracted by the little girl screaming at her mum again.

"INFACT, I'M GOING HOME BY MYSELF! EAT THE FISH PIE ALONE!!"

We turned back to see her mum, frustrated and putting her hands on her palm as the little girl started walking out on her.

"Nadia!" I heard her mother's weak voice attempting to call the angry little girl.

We all watched as this girl ignored her mother and walked with so much fury in an attempt to leave.

"Where is she now going?" I heard one of the adults angrily remark.

Actually, where did she think she was going to?

As soon as she got to the main road, I heard one of the adults scream;

"Enikan yoo mu omode yen kuro ni ibe!!!"

I wasn't fluent with Yoruba to understand what they said, but when I squinted at the road the little girl was furiously walking across, I saw a huge truck heading towards her at full speed.

Believe me when I tell you; there was no hope for that little girl. With the speed of that truck and the close range she was to it, she most definitely was getting crushed. The worst thing about it is that we were all about to witness it.

"NADIA!" I heard her mum scream at the top of her lungs.

Nadia didn't even seem to care.
Was she so angry that she didn't realise she was about to get crushed by a massive truck?

I don't know what came over me at that point, but I saw myself jumping up from my seat and running towards the little girl as fast as I could.

"IVANDOR!" I heard Giwa's voice screaming behind me but my legs were already on the move.

All I know is at that point, I not only heard Giwa's voice screaming at me to come back, but everyone there was to.

Why I ignored them all, I don't know. I honestly felt like something took over me.

As soon as I got close to the little girl on the road, I hooked her in one arm, and as I jumped with her to escape the incoming truck, I felt a massive rush of wind as the truck passed behind me with a massive speed. Right after, I saw myself landing painfully with the little girl on the pedestrian walk, grazing my elbow against the ground in the process.

"Ahhhh.." I groaned in pain, and the little girl wriggled out of my hold looking very scared.

That's when I saw her crying mother coming to meet us from the other side of the road. As I tried sitting up and holding my wounded elbow, the little girl looked rather unhurt, but scared stiff, as her mother hugged her very tightly, sobbing uncontrollably.

"Thankyou, Thankyou so much," The woman said to me and I just nodded and sort of groaned a little from the pain in my elbow.

"Are you okay? Did you hurt yourself??" The woman kept asking me as she held on to her daughter. I just shook my head and waved my hands to her like I was saying, "no, don't worry."

"For Christ sake, Ivandor. What was that!?" I heard a farmilar voice shouting close by.

I turned to my side to see Giwa walking towards me with a group of people behind her. She looked so shocked.