CHAPTER SEVENTEEN

CHAPTER SEVENTEEN: 6 MONTHS, 1463

IT'S BEEN DAYS SINCE HER WEDDING. She remained in court as she was now known as Catherine of York, the wife of Thomas of York. She knew she was expecting her first child, she held onto her stomach tightly, holding it close. Edward has always tried to come near her only to have Thomas or Warwick be beside her and whisked him away due to important manners. She swears it's like they are trying to keep Edward away from her. "Edward has agreed to grant us, York Castle." She widens her eyes, she would be far away from the court will live in peace with her son and Thomas.

"He has only agreed to grant us the castle but he wishes to speak to you alone. He leaves for battle soon, so do I." Thomas told her. They both were in their newly found chambers looking at each other. "There is a war coming." He spoke. "I should have known, this happiness couldn't last forever."

"Must, I really speak to him?" She asked, unsure. Thomas looked at her, uneasy. "Yes, say whatever you have to. Just let him grant us the castle. Until you can have the baby, I'll ask Edward to give our child the title of Earl of Richmond. He'll grant us Pembroke castle." Her eyes widen, that title belongs to Margaret Beaufort, son. Henry Tudor held that title. "That title belongs to Henry Tudor?" Thomas flicked his eyes between her and his view he was watching the outside through the windows

"Does it matter? Henry is the nephew of King Henry. You're his daughter. And your having a child, that title deserves to go to your son. Our son," he repeated slowly.

''What if it's a girl?" She asked. He sighed. "It isn't. I know it.  Nonetheless, I need you safe while I'm gone. You must ask Edward to grant you that castle so you could live there, for the time being, I'll be close to you. I'll visit you when you're about to give birth." Thomas leaned towards her ear. She slowly gulped.

"You mustn't say a word about the child. Edward doesn't need to know it's his child." He repeated once more leaving their room.  She was left to think as she held onto her stomach. Her child will surely be the solution to everybody's problems, she thought. She managed to find her other two handmaiden's Alice and Alicia, waiting outside the door. Julie wasn't anywhere to be found. "Ladies come in, fix my hair." She invited them in, she watched as Thomas looked annoyed walking out of their chambers.

Catherine had found herself walking into Edward's chambers. He turned around amused to see her. "Lovely to see you, Catherine." He kissed her on his right cheek, she stood in front of him, shaken. "Edward you wanted to see me," She sternly faces him, she wasn't afraid to do this. She wasn't afraid of Thomas.

"Catherine, I need you to tell me the truth," Edward emphasized. "The truth." He held her hand pulling her to his bed, made her sit. He literally bends on his knee. "If your having my child, I need to know." She stood in front of him, she felt herself dying inside. She wanted him to know that they made a child, together. She knows her firstborn would be a boy. Then she'll be disobeying Thomas, who specifically told him not to mention her pregnancy, especially that child will be his.