CHAPTER THREE

CHAPTER THREE: THOMAS, 1461                                                                                                                          

SHE HAD SPEND HER DAY AMONG THE COURTYARD. SHE WAS SUPPOSED TO BE WAITING FOR THE NEVILLE SISTER'S TO APPEARED. Lord Warwick had ordered her to be presented among his daughters later in the day, she waited and still didn't see any sign. All her handmaidens weren't presented, she was alone. "Lady Catherine of Lancaster." She heard her name being called out. She turned around to find herself staring right in front of Margaret Beaufort. "I hope we are still on the same sides, Lady Catherine." Margaret declared causing her to widen her eyes at her. Who did she think she was? "These are different times, my lady," she reminded Margaret Beaufort, "I'm sure my father reign was nothing but joy and glory but I'm sure King Edward will bring peace."

"Says who?" Margaret asked, venom laced in her tone of voice, "He has taken the throne by force. He is a pretender--" Margaret continued onto to change the topic. "You are the princess of England. You're the daughter of King Henry, surely you can't stand the thought of Edward stealing your father's throne. A throne you could have had?''

"And those who speak such things about him are guilty of treason. Treason is punishable by death, as you already know." Catherine told her frustrated.  "You are of Lancastrian blood," Margaret whispered in a soft tone, looking betrayed, "There had always been rumors of Henry V only son, Edward not being his true son. There, saying to your father, declare you his next heir to the throne, not Edward." Margaret finished.

"I'm only a girl. Edward is my elder brother who is next in line. After my father, it's my brother who appointed the next heir, not me." Catherine stated.  "These are rumors, I speak of. Catherine, you must learn how to be clear of things." Margaret argued. "Someday you'll know."  At this part, Margaret left leaving her open in thoughts.

○ ○ ○

Steeds started to drift when she looked to the side and saw Edward getting off the horse with an individual another to him, they looked so alike. They were chuckling and grinning. Till Edward looked her way, she tenses up. He gave the horse over to a stable boy, he made his way through the courtyard, bringing the individual with him. ''Lady Catherine of Lancaster, meet my youngest brother, Thomas," He informed her. She listened to stories approximately the brothers of York. Edward being the eldest, a youthful charming man, at that point George, the center boy, mother favorite, Richard wasn't all that awful, she had listened. He didn't talk much and was the one most faithful to his brothers. At that point, it's Thomas, the youngest of them all, his mother's second favorite, the most out of control of the brothers. "Lovely to meet you, Lady Catherine," Thomas talked, delicately. She smiles then, grinning softly. Thomas seemed delighted to meet the former princess of England and Catherine held a stern look on her face. They both stopped looking at each other when they heard Edward's name being called. Edward quickly smiled, taking Catherine's hand leading her to the rest of his siblings. "Lady Catherine, if you'll remain here, I suggest you meet the rest of my siblings."