Chapter 3

I woke up hearing Melvin and someone else talking in the living room I got up and peeked thru the door . It was August , all I heard was August telling Melvin that he needs him to do a drop tonight . Melvin needs the money so he agreed to it . I acted like I just woke up by walking out the door stretching and going to the bathroom . I close the door and wash my Face, I put light makeup on my bruises then brushed my hair back . I was Dominican and black so my hair was long and thick . I walked out in the hall way . " good morning" I said . " goodmorning bae" Melvin sid coming over to me giving me a kiss in the cheek. " goodmorning zoey" August said . I walked into the kitchen and starting making pancakes. " who want pancakes" i asked . August and melvin both yelled me! So i made 9 pancakes. When they were done i served and everyone ate . August went to use the bathroom and Melvin left .

August p.o.v
I went in the bathroom to wash my hands. As I washed my hands I thought about Zoey she is so beautiful a short thick brownskinn with a very sexy body her hair was long thick and puffy . She was just perfect . I walked out the bathroom looking for her . " uhh zoey" i said . "yes" she answered in her sweet innocent voice. " so this was the whole plan know go pack up your stuff and get ready " I told her
Melvin p.o.v
I drive to work using my cousins car. I parked the car walking into the building . " hey man" I said to one of the security guards . " so what floor am I guarding today " I asked kevin the guard. " well today you got lucky your guarding floor 7 " Kevin said . I did the shmoney dance in joy . I yook the elevator up to number 7 . I called zoey but ahe didnt answer sbe probably sleep so i didnt trip .
Zoey p.o.v
i packed all my clothes , jewerly, shoes and savings Melvin had been saving for years . I got my 8 big suit cases and 2 little ones . Okay I'm packed . "Damn that's a lot of shit " August said when I walked the thru the hallway with all the suit cases . I slightly laughed.. He came here and helped me with my suit cases .he put the suit cases In the uhaul truck. I went into the room and got my medium sizes dresser and I took my mattress. I got in the truck and we left . He brought me to a medium sized home but it was very pretty . He helped me unpacked my things in the place . " okay so this is your room , you don't have the full bed set so for now you have to sleep on you mattress until I buy you one and yeah" August told me. I agreed and went upstairs into my room it's was big I have enough space to do 3 cartwheels straight . August told me to call him if anything he's going out food shopping . it feels like we were in a different state but we were just in the richer part of l.a, I laid down on the bed that was low and flat . I covered myself with a sheet and drifted to sleep .
August p.o.v
I drove to key market , I bought bread , eggs, bacon , vegetable , different types of frozen meat , microwaveable foods and some snacks .i walked the cashier , your total is 167.46 the ladie said. I swiped my black cars and got the bags and left . * iPhone ring*
Mel- have you seen Zoey since you left
August- nah but when I left she was sleep in the living room
Mel- okay thanks
I ended the call and thought about that conversation Melvin is on the look for Zoey so I have to keep her in my eye sight at all times.