Shooting upwards, Dean kicked back his chair and began to pace the floor of the bunker's library. The hot frustration was eating away at his nerves just as thoroughly as the fear for his daughter was chewing away at his heart. He wasn't sure if he could put aside his anger in order to do what needed to be done, but he was bitterly starting to realize that perhaps there was no other way. 

"You don't have to like the guy, Dean, but you have to admit that he's the only one who can train her like she needs to be trained."

Having the strongest urge to punch a wall, Dean opted instead for something less destructive. He grabbed his car keys off the table and headed in the direction of the door. He was too exhausted to engage in that particular conversation for the time being. "I need sleep," he barked gruffly back at Sam. "We'll continue doing research tomorrow."

~~~

She should have been scared, being in the arms of a complete stranger in the middle of a barren field while drugged up, but June was mesmerized by the intense brown eyes watching her. They whispered of mischief, and secrets, and stolen kisses. Without her say so, her hand reached up and she traced the guy's bottom lip. It slowly curved upwards beneath her touch. 

"If I didn't know any better, Tiny," he said, "I'd think you were trying to seduce me."

Maybe if she knew who he was, she would have been, June thought lazily. "Who are you?"

His lips pulled down. "Ah, yes, what a pity that you can't remember me. Especially since I can't seem to stop thinking about you."

"Was I supposed to remember you?" 

"Considering how we met, probably not." He flashed her a grin and a wink. "But you can't blame a guy for hoping." He glanced over his shoulder at something then before looking back down at her. "Now let's get you out of here."

June thought that either she blacked out or the guy was a supernatural being because following her next blink, they were in front of her house. She had the sensation of just having stepped of a carousel, and she pushed on the guy's chest until he set her down. The second her feet touched the ground, June's legs gave out and she sat down hard in a tangle of limbs. The grass writhed and twirled beneath her hands, and she ran her fingers across it, entranced by the strange sensation. 

The sound of the front door opening drew her gaze upwards, and she watched as Daniel stepped out onto the porch. His eyes first zeroed in on her and then lifted to look at the guy beside her. With a few long strides, he was standing in front of them. "Rick?" he asked as he knelt down before her. "What are you doing here?"

"June," she corrected, incorrectly assuming that he was speaking to her. "And I'm just chillin'."

Daniel's eyes narrowed, and he looked up at the guy. "What's wrong with her?"

"Not entirely sure, but I think she's high."

"High..." Daniel stared back down on her. "She's on drugs?" 

The guy shrugged as he stuffed his hands into his jean pockets. "Like I said, not entirely sure. I found her in an abandoned field nearby. She was being stalked by a hungry coyote. Now, things may have changed since I last looked at her file, but if I'm not mistaken, you're supposed to be her GA, no?" 

"I'm her guardian angel, correct," Daniel said, picking up on the short form of the title that was sometimes thrown around in Heaven. 

"So was this some kind of test, or something?" he asked. "I mean, I'm no expert on the profession or anything, but I would think a hungry coyote would be something that warranted the intervention of her GA, no?"