𝑡𝑤𝑒𝑛𝑡𝑦 𝑡ℎ𝑟𝑒𝑒

Start from the beginning

I didn't wanna see his reaction because, in the end, I knew I was hurting more than he was, although I wanted to believe his mother's words that eren had good in him it seemed like all eren knew how to do was drown any bit of light he had within himself out.

"WHY IS IT THAT YOU ALWAYS GET TO WALK AWAY? Y/N-," his voice faded more and more like me and jean distanced ourselves away from the jaeger's home and away from the gardens.

we walked in pure silence as we finally arrived at jean's car and stood at the car entrance, "you okay?" he questioned before slipping into the driver's seat and me following. 

"what do you think the answer to that question is jean?" I snidely remarked.

"my bad." he spoke in a silent manner turning his attention to the road as the engine revved, "am I taking you back to your place?"

the last thing I needed was an interrogation by Sasha and to see historia's face at this moment.

"take me anywhere but there." I leaned my head on the window as we drove down the dark roads.

"My place?"

"I don't wanna see Reiner."

"Trust me I don't either which is why you're in luck ms. l/n because we no longer live together." he playfully sung his sentence.

jean and Reiner not living together anymore? my heart paused at the comment, "are you joking?" 

jean laughed, "it's a surprise right? how did two best friends split up like that? turns out Reiner knew Mikasa was cheating and never cared to tell me, he only cared about the situation between you and eren."

I couldn't imagine the hurt jean was going through, in a way we were in the same boat except nobody cared to check on him and make sure he wasn't all on his own with the weight of the world on him.

"jean I'm so sorry, if I knew Reiner did all of that I would have gone off. you didn't deserve that."

his fingers nervously tapped on the steering wheel, "it's okay. sometimes things just don't work out you know?"

"I should have checked on you, you dealt with all of this on your own-,"

one hand parted from the steering wheel and rested on my knee lightly tapping at it, "you've been through literal hell and back. don't feel like you had a responsibility to be there besides I'm okay really. new start you know?"

I gave a small reassuring smile whilst resting my head back on the window, "who knew the school year would turn into this so quickly?" I tried laughing it off but deep down I knew it stung more than I really wanted it to.

the car came to a quick halt, it was a luxury-styled apartment building ad the next thing I knew my car door was being opened and jean was escorting me out. "jean are you a drug dealer?" I asked following behind him as he opened up his front door revealing the clean and stylish apartment. 

"a drug dealer? do I look like one?"

"How did you go from that ugly ass place with Reiner to this?" I asked walking about the house.