so cold and yet so hot ~ 2

Start from the beginning

"I'll be staying in Mineta's room (209) for two weeks until I leave. I'll converse and live alongside the students in UA but will have my own business to attend to otherwise." My voice was as cold and monotone as it had been two years ago which makes me frown. "Thank you all for letting me stay and I hope everything goes smoothly," I add on with an airier tone, gratitude seeping it's way onto my words accordingly.

Nezu seemed satisfied with my regurgitation of instructions previously given and made no move to stop me as I opened the door to the now deserted hallway. Leaves crunched under my feet, frozen with a misty dew, yet I found myself smiling at the floor as I finally made my way to my new room.

MIDORIYA POV

I sat in class doodling on the margin of my book as Present Mic waited for the rest of the class to finish up copying the questions from the chalkboard. The pen rest in between my lips every once in a while as I questioned what I should add to the small All Might figure I was working on. My eyes automatically trained on someone walking outside only to recognize the smooth red and white tones. I tilted my head idly to my side to check Todoroki was still at his desk looking calmly down at the soft ridges in the wood.

I diverted my attention once more to his walking figure outside and gasped softly as he stopped halfway. He looked up at the sky and sunk to his knees, holding his stomach almost in laughter. He sat cross-legged amongst the snow and stood up quite abruptly. He turned to look at the class windows and I doubted he could see me from there until he pulled his hand teasingly in the air, waving a quick salute. We made eye contact and he smiled lightly before turning on his feet and walking towards the dorms once more.

Why was my heart beating so fast?

The rest of the class was spent unfocused as my heart skipped every time I remembered how softly his eyes seemed to crinkle under the light. He had this smearing pull and in the moment all I wanted to was taste him. I turned my head and made eye contact with a startled Todoroki still behind his desk and I gave a quick grin. I just wish he wasn't so oblivious all the time.

~~~

Class blazed by and I found myself getting pulled out of the class by a radiant Uraraka. She seemed to want to run to the dorms to see this new Todoroki but was harshly shouted at by Iida before doing so. Instead of this, she continued to tug on my arm relentlessly.

As soon as I entered the dorms I jumped over the couch from behind and sat almost testingly in the soft red cushions. I turned on the TV to the hero documentary I knew would be airing around this time but frowned once I saw it was already playing. Uraraka came running in behind me and made herself at home next to me once she took in that the new guest seemed to be holed up in his room.

We watched in between choked fits of laughter as Iida guessed the names of the heroes featuring on the show. Soon, a big metal box appeared on screen. This hero seemed to have some type of washing machine quirk and he looked just like one with arms and legs popping out from under him. At this, Iida seemed quick with an answer. "Ah well, I refuse to believe such a unique hero would rather have a bland name to threaten his public image so I will have to estimate something along the lines of squeaky clean justice or even supreme dirt free hero!"

At this, both of us howled in laughter, shouting out phrases such as 'squeaky clean' in voices roughed up from constant abuse. We paused long enough to hear a cheery presenter exclaim "-and this would be the hero responsible for bringing down the two thugs! Laundry hero wash" At this, I cried from how hard I held my stomach to keep from waking anyone up from their afterschool naps. Uraraka was in hysterics, and I followed behind her as we giggled at a seemingly fuming Iida. "wash!" he sounded desperate. "WASH!!"