Don't Blame Him for OUR Choices

Start from the beginning

Damon smirked at Reign, her fire appealing to him. "Show me." She dumped everything out of her bag, Damon marveled at the sight of the thick bands on the ground. "Daddy have you seen......DADDY! LEAVE HER ALONE SHE WASN'T CALLED HERE FOR THIS MEETING! SHE'S WITH ME!" Yana yelled out, rushing outside. "Then why are you out here?" "He made me!" Reign snapped at his goon. "You almost had me kill a pregnant woman for no reason?" Damon questioned. "My apologies sir. I made a mistake." "You damn right you did." Damon pulled out his own gun, shooting his right hand man in the leg. "Don't drop my fucking money and there bet not be an ounce of blood on it. You. Come with me," Damon instructed Reign.

*Present Time*

"I'm not going to tell him where you are but....... you might want to have that money on you at all times. If you ran into me then..... chances are he going to find you soon. Why did you take it?" Yana asked. "I....have 4 babies Yana. I needed that money. I don't have that type of cash anymore," Reign confessed. "Well you better find it. It was good seeing you though. I'd get somewhere safe if I were you," Yana told her giving Reign a brief hug before leaving. Paying for her things, Reign rushed to get in the car. "Are you okay?" Trey asked her. "Yeah I'm just ready to get to the penthouse," she lied, feeling the burner phone Yana dropped in her pocket.

Once everyone got home, Reign took a quick shower before putting Journee to bed and making sure the door was locked. From then she couldn't sleep to save her life. Pacing back and forth after placing the phone on the counter. Who was going to call it? Why did Yana give it to her? This was a set up. It had to be right? She mumbled to herself, trying her best to keep quiet and not wake anyone. "Okay so either I keep the phone and see who calls and possibly die or I could get rid of the phone. But what will happen if I do that? Maybe if I just get the money. Where the actual fuck am I gonna get that type of money? I'm a fucking teacher!" She hissed to herself.

Slowly walking down the hall, Reggie watched his granddaughter fight herself. "Reign? What's wrong?" He called out, seeing her jump. "You scared me. Did I wake you?" She asked. "I couldn't sleep much anyways. What's got you spooked?" "My past coming to get me." He sat on the edge of the couch, waiting for her to explain. "In what sense?" She let out a heavy breath knowing there was no easy way of explaining it. "Remember I told you that I got out of the game and with a little extra money?" "Have you still been slangin dope!?" He whisper shouted. She shook her head, looking down the hall to make sure no one was up.

"You said that no one gets out of the game with money without killing everybody or making it big but even then you pay your dues. I stole the money." "You what!!?" He jumped up, getting a little louder. "Shhhhh. I was making so much for him with so little. I would've still been bussing my ass to this day is I was taking the change he was giving me. I had the girls. I needed the money. And I had to be a mom." "And you left....... you moved because of that? Why didn't you say anything?" "For what? So you end up dead or something? If I had stayed everybody would be dead." Reggie growled to himself. He hated that this was even her life.

"How much?" She winced at the question. "Leila!" "$4.5 million!" His eyes grew big. Did she say million? How the hell do you steal 4 million dollars? "What went wrong in your life huh? I feel like you chose these paths in life just to spite us because you were better than this." "To spite who? You and Nene? You think that highly of yourself? I did it for my babies." "Just about as much as Loretha went to prison for her boys." Reign looked at him offended. "So that's what this is about? Why you couldn't have some sense at dinner? You hate Lucious that much? Regardless of him giving you this family you love so much. Without him there'd be no me. No twins. No Junior. No Melody."

"This is not about-" "Yes it is! He sold drugs. Took your prized possession away. He's my father! I sold drugs! I moved away! Stop blaming a man I just met for my decisions 18 years ago!" She snapped at him. Reggie looked at her like she had lost her mind. Who was she yelling at? "Yall always made sure to tell me that I shouldn't look up to someone like that. But not once did yall say look up to him but don't make the same choices as him no matter how hard it is. Not once did yall say that's your father! Things might've been different. You know Nene went and visited her in prison?" Reign asked, Reggie looking around, trying to seem shocked.