CHAPTER TWELVE

Juliet's eyes widened with fear when she heard the familiar sound of the Bergs.

" Juliet, what's wrong?" Newt asked when she noticed she looked shaken up. She didn't say anything, she was frozen in place and he looked in the direction she was looking at and his eyes widened when he saw the lights the Bergs that belonged to WICKED.

" What are they doing here?" Frypan's eyes widened as he looked at the Berg.

" Do you know why?" Minho glanced over at Juliet and she quickly shook her head. " N-no. I don't know."

Then she realized something that made her feel like she and the others were betrayed. " Teresa."

" What about Teresa?" Minho asked with confusion laced in his voice.

" She was the one who must've called them." Juliet replied, worried for what was going to happen as the two Bergs moved closer to the base. " She's the only other one besides Thomas and Mary here who worked with WICKED. I know Thomas and Mary would've called them and I didn't think that Teresa would've either, but I guess I'm wrong about that."

The four of them ran back down to the base just as there was a bomb shot at them. Another bomb was shot at a different point of the base and now half of the base was on fire.

The four of them found Aris, Harriet and Sonya and they followed where Vince and Mary were leading them to.  WICKED shot at one of the guys that were running with them and Mary ran over to him. Vince followed her, trying to pull her away, but they were backed up by WICKED. Minho and Frypan hid behind some barrels while Juliet and Newt hid behind two other barrels that were near them. 

" Where's Thomas?" Frypan asked.

" I don't know." Juliet replied as she looked around for him.

" Harriet, ammo!" Vince told her as he shot at one of the WICKED men.

" Vince! Harriet!" Minho called out, noticing that they were nearby and the four of them ran over to where they were at which was difficult since bullets were being shot at them and fire was everywhere.

" How can we help?" Minho asked them.

" You need to cover us!" Harriet replied as she lifted a box of ammo was set at his feet and she unloaded into Vince's gun he was using.

" Do you know how to use this thing?" Vince asked as he handed the gun he had to Minho who nodded. " Cover me!" he told Minho.

Minho went to the back of the truck to shoot while Newt was also handed a gun. Newt went to the back of the truck as well while Frypan and Juliet were given guns to use in front of the truck. Juliet had to admit she never used a gun a day in her life so she was a little confused at first, but after seeing the others using it she quickly got the hang of it.

She hated how it seemed like there were more WICKED than there was of them. Each time they shot at a WICKED security, another one was there.

Everyone was panicking, trying to get to safer places away from WICKED and the fire. Juliet could see WICKED guard's hiding behind different things to protect themselves from their bullets before they went to shoot at them.

As he looked at his gun after shooting a bullet, Frypan announced, " I'm out!"

Juliet heard a beeping noise off in the distance and she knew what it was. " Guys, look out! They're gonna throw a bomb at us!" she warned them as one of the WICKED security throw a bomb in their direction and it unfortunately landed in the back of the truck Vince was standing on.

Before she knew it, the weapon was activated which was when she let out a scream of pain whenever she felt electricity all over her body as she fell to the ground, the same thing happening with the others.