13. Birthday surprise (part 2)

Start from the beginning

I run onto the stage yelling into the microphone, "let's get this party started!" with the music blasting from the DJ table. Half of the guests partnering up and began dancing the night away, some of the adults absolutely atrocious at dancing. Between all those people dancing I spot Vamp with his girlfriend dancing on the dancefloor.

"Say, how many girlfriends does she make it to?" Falcon asks.

"1910" I reply, staring right at my brother, my blood boiling under my skin.

"If my calculations are correct, you are saying he has at least 12 girlfriends every year, one every month since he turned 18?" Falcon asks in shock, his eye's wide mouth nearly hitting the floor.

"If I were you, I'd pick my mouth off the ground. I wouldn't be surprised, my brother can't commit or even make it to marriage stage," I state rolling my eyes.

"MARKY?!" a voice yells from across the room. Oh, no...

"Hide me, boys," I say in sheer terror.

"Nope, she's your problem," Josh says, his arms crossed.

"MARKY!?" the high-pitched voice yells out, getting closer until the blonde-haired girl is in front of me now. "Dance with me?" she asks, giving puppy eyes at me.

"I can't dance," I say not even able to continue my sentence before I'm yanked out onto the dance floor, Pitbulls "boyfriend" blasting in the background as Britany dancing in front of me forcing my hands on her waist. Oh, hell no.

After dancing with Britany for 4 songs straight, I made an excuse of being tired running back over to my mates making the get-me-out-of-here expression.

"So, did you have fun?" Josh asks in amusement, his eyebrows raised, lips curved upwards at the ends.

"Please! Did you see how she danced with me? Yea, I had to stop her from dancing for such ways. What the hell is she playing at? I'm her cousin!" I growl, my fists clenched, veins throbbing.

"Marky?!" Britany asks as she comes over to me, her soft melodic voice singing out my name as I keep my back turned to her. "Look at me, please?"

"No," I say coldly, frowning.

She places her hand on my shoulder, her eyes burning into my back as she tries to tug me in attempts to turn me around, which I don't. "Please Marky."

"I said no Britany, cousins don't dance that way and you know how I feel about that sort of dancing, especially after I told you I couldn't dance. My heart belongs to a girl and for you to do that ain't right" I say, hurt in my tone, looking at the ground as my nails dig into the palms of my hands.

"Marky, look at me please" she pleads again.

"What did I bloody tell you, Britany!? Get out of my face before you regret it and do it now!" I demand as I turn around in anger, clasping her arm, looking her dead in the eyes. Her tears falling down her cheeks as she runs away in the opposite direction.

"Mark?" Josh asks, his eyes wide as he backs away from me.

"What?!" I growl.