13. Birthday surprise (part 2)

I walk onto the stage over to the microphone tapping it to grab everyone's attention, not beginning until it had gone quiet. "Thank you all for coming to this marvellous event tonight, we are here tonight to celebrate Vamp's 176th birthday. Vamp, even though you have been hell to my behind growing up you're still an amazing brother to me. The number of times you boss me around even when it is not needed is something I have lost count over." I say to the enormous crowd of people.

"Of course, any birthday isn't complete without embarrassing the birthday boy, so let me see what mischief I can come up with tonight, hey? There was this one time when I was 18 where my brother and I were walking down some street, I can't remember where exactly but I was ahead of him by a long shot and I saw there was a gapping on the footpath so I avoided that easily but when Vamp came along with his invincible, macho man walking his nose up in the air and then plop! He falls right in the gap, falling right on his face. Instead of helping the man, I'm laughing my head off at him," I chuckle as I speak. "And now some photos and videos for your entertainment and to get back at my brother must I add. HAPPY BIRTHDAY BROTHER, LOVE YAH!"

I walk off the stage standing as far away from my brother as possible knowing he will probably smack me for my speech up there and the embarrassment I caused him. The projector played. The first photo that popped up was a baby photo of Vamp, followed by a series of other photos from when he was a child, videos as well.

"Oh Marky!" an angelic voice came as arms wrapped around my waist, the scent of rose perfume strong as if she had sprayed the entire bottle. Oh, please no! For the love of God, go away, Brit!

"Britany what a surprise!" I say, trying to sound as surprised as possible. "Weren't you over near my brother?" I ask.

"Yeah, but he told me I should speak to you because you are awesome and you were the one who planned all of this for him. He is very grateful for you" she says. Sneaky slimeball!

"Did he now? Well, I'm sure birthday boy would love to hang out with his favourite cousin in the world" I say trying to push her away from me lightly.

"Vamp?" she asks bluntly.

"Yeah," I say, forcing a smile.

"He's rude to me but I love being with you since you aren't so rude," she states, jumping up and down as she grabs onto my arm.

"So, let me get this right. You like me better than my brother?" I ask in shock.

"Yes, I do Marky!" she squeals again making me jump at her sudden reaction.

"Why don't you calm down a little?" I ask, forcing a smile at her now.

"I am calm, Marky. I love what you did to the place and how you organised this party Marky. It's amazing!" she exclaims, jumping up and down in her childish ways.

"You're sweet Britany, say where's that boyfriend of yours?" I ask.

"Oh, he um... Well, he is no longer my boyfriend. He broke up with me 4 months ago to go out with that tramp of a woman because she could give him a better time than I can. In shorter terms he loves her more," she explains sadness clear in her tone. I hug her tightly before she cries. Please don't cry...

"Oh... Well, he didn't deserve you" I say smiling down at her.

"Oh Marky!" she says squealing once again. I get so distracted by her I don't have time to pay attention to the slide show about my brother. Damn it!