A Call for Help

A/N: All right, so first off, HAPPY BIRTHDAY PRESENT MIC!! :D Today, 7/7, is Yamada Hizashi's birthday. So in honor of that, I'm posting a oneshot (even if it's still about Izuku, at least Zashi's still in it. :)

I've had this oneshot written for a bit, actually. It was based off a dream I had, and I thought, "why not?" A story that revolves around a PHONE conversation. It was definitely an interesting challenge, and I'm rather happy with how it's turned out. :)

That being said, I've created a Discord!! :D If you wanna join, this is the link: https://discord.gg/Dz5Er7W

Also, for my Viridian readers, there's a new animatic!! I'm SO HAPPY!!! Here's the link for that. :3
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=f-8cKsy0dyw

As always, send any fanart to aizawa@email.com. :)

That being said, please enjoy this oneshot~! And look forward to updates on my other stories. :)

~~~

Midoriya Izuku was bent over his desk, hard at work on a project. It wasn't anything overly important, just something to help make his daily life easier. He was a brilliant young boy, despite being Quirkless. Even now, at the tender age of twelve, he had successfully modified his cell phone and its backup battery charger to last more than twice that of the average phone.

Obviously, that meant he could now listen to music all day long without worrying about it dying on him. But wireless earbuds were noticeable, despite his curly hair. He didn't want to give the teachers any more reason to hate him. Never mind the fact that he was the top of the class.

He wanted to be a hero, but he knew that Quirk Analysis skills wouldn't get him there alone. However, if he could make himself support items to help cover his weaknesses, then it suddenly became a very achievable goal! Even if he had to get into U.A.'s Support Course and use the Sports Festival to transfer to the Hero Course (assuming he failed the Hero Course entrance exam, that is), he'd do it! He would become the world's first Quirkless Hero!

But first, he was going to finish modifying these earbuds so they'd hook around the back of his ear, and use vibrations to bypass the eardrum altogether. That way, he could still hear the teacher if he was called upon, but he could also listen to music in class without looking like it. It was a win-win.

He smiled to himself as he hooked it around his ear. Time for a test. He hooked it up to his phone via Bluetooth, and selected a song. He startled badly, nearly falling out of his chair, when the song blasted at full volume. "AH!" He quickly scrambled to turn it down to a more manageable range. Cautiously, he turned the volume back up, and was delighted to hear his favorite music playing. He took it off, and heard nothing.

It was perfect! Now his teachers wouldn't even hear his music playing when the classroom was silent! He put both cuffs on and happily bobbed his head to the music as he checked his reflection. With his curly hair, the dark green cuffs blended in seamlessly. Even Izuku couldn't see them, plus they were rather comfortable.

He grinned as he took a look around his bedroom. In three years, he'd take the U.A. Entrance exams, and he wanted to be as ready as possible. His walls were littered with an odd mixture of hero posters and blueprint designs while his desk was a cluttered mess of different half-finished inventions and support items.

His mother had been overly relieved when he took an interest in support items, and happily bought him whatever supplies and tools he needed. He didn't have the heart to tell her that he still wanted to become a hero.