Chapter 1

Zoey p.o.v
i woke up to the sun beaming in my face. I checked the time and realized I was late for work. I got out of bed slowly moving my boy friend hand from my waist. I got in the shower did my hygiene and got ready . On the bed was a black shirt with a hot pink hollister logo and light washed jeans . I slipped on my jeans and then started rubbing lotion on my face . Then sliped on my socks and shoes. I put on my jacket grabed my bag and walked out the house . The machanic had my car so i had to walk . I walked thru the projects passing gangs and squad . " Yao lil ma you need a ride" he said . I looked am back and slightly nodded my head . " you sure it's not safe in these streets " he yelled . I looked back and kept on walking . He got up off his porch and came running to me . He stopped me , " it's crazy in the hood to be walking by yourself " he said to me . I put my head down covering the bruises on my face made by my boy friend and nodded my head and kept walking . I guess he gave up and walked back because I didn't hear him after that . I walked into baskin robins and the manager looked at me in a mean way . "It's 11:30 you was suppose to be here a hour ago " he yelled . "I'm sorry please forgive me" I begged . This was the only way I could afford rent so I begged . He handed me my lay checked and yell " your fired!". My eyes started to water but I fought the tears . I walked out the shop putting my check in my bag . I got home and started crying . Melvin (my bf) came out of the room " hay baby" he said so innocent . " hi" I said . " why u home so early " he asked . " I got fired" I said knowing he was going yell and hurt me . He came to my tilted my face up then slapped me across my face . My face was red he counties punching and hitting me until my Nose started bleeding . I cried and cried , " got get cleaned up and cook , know how the hell we paying rent" he said with anger . I thought we nigga he ain't pay shit . I left thru the back door to go cash my check and visit my cousin and sister the only 2 people I know in my family. " Melvin I'm going to go cash my check and see my sister" I yelled . " whateva " he said . Before I left I cleaned up my face and put on some makeup .