Curiosity

After a while of searching, we finally decide to sit down at a bench at a park near my house. Nobody's really around, which is good for many reasons. We're placed in front of the sun on a cloudy day, so the temperature is a perfect mix between cool and warm. I take a deep breath. Smells nice. I haven't been this peaceful since my parents were still together.

"What are you thinking about?"

I snap out of it.

"Hm?"

"You're tearing up. What's wrong?"

Taka reaches over to my cheeks and wipes the tears of with his thumb. I was crying? His warmth makes me feel better already.

"It's nothing. Don't worry about it."

He reaches over and embraces me tightly, my whole body fitting perfectly into his arms. He's so sweet! He pulls my head into his chest and caresses me gently.

"It's alright to cry sometimes. It's okay to feel, to have emotions. You don't have to hide them from me. So say whatever you want, because i'll always listen, no matter the situation."

I smile into his shirt, another tear falling down my cheek. If only my parents had loved me this way...

"Thank you. I mean it."

He kisses the top of my head and sighs.

"You don't have to thank me. I'm only giving you what you deserve."

I wrap my arms around him tightly, squeezing him a bit. I wish I could stay like this forever. With no worries, no thoughts, nothing to bother me. It would be so nice. Just me, him, and this incredibly long hug. After a few moments we let go of each other, and I wipe my face with the back of my hand. Looking up at him I smile.

"Let me get to know you better."

He smiles back.

"Only if you do the same."

"We'll take turns then. You go first."

He thinks for a moment.

"What exactly happened to you and your parents? If you don't mind me asking."

I shake my head.

"Not at all. My parents were heavy drug abusers, and could never get along. I was traumatized at a very young age, and I still have scars from when my mother abused me. My father did too, but it wasn't as severe. After a while they finally got a divorce, and I had just turned thirteen. A lot of arguing went on over who would get child support, but neither of them wanted to do it. So I was sent to the orphanage, where I ran away on the second night, living my life on the streets until fifteen. I got a job and made some money, so I bought myself a house when I saved up enough. From there, I just tried my best to keep living a normal life as a person usually would, and looking around for high paying jobs to keep myself from being homeless again."

He sighs.

"I'm sorry. Nobody should ever be treated that way. I promise I'll give you the love you deserved as a child. I'll make up for it all."

I smile.

"I know you will."

He chuckles softly, his cheeks turning pink. 

"Okay, I know we said take turns, but do you know how to fight?"

He nods.

"Yes, why?"

"Teach me! Teach me! I've always wanted to know how to fight!"

He chuckles and grabs my hand, taking us to a nearby spot at a lake. There's ducks and turtles, and nobody around. He changes forms. Asmodeus? Why?