Crossed

Yawning, I stumble into my apartment, the place just as messy as it was before I left.

"Ah fuck. I'm so drunk."

I clop to my room and face plant on my bed with a sigh of relief. Turning over onto my back I close my eyes, on the verge of passing out.

"OH FUCK!"

I snap up and walk to the kitchen as best I can in my drunken state, snatching my bong, weed, and lighter from the counter.

"Hell yeah. I'm about to get so crossed right now."

I pack a bowl moving over to the couch and turning on the tv. I don't really care what's on as long as it's not Bobs Burgers. Hate that show. Lighting the bowl, I take a long hit, refreshed, as I lean back, feeling myself starting to enter that oblivious state of mind. I look up to the tv.

"Bobs Burgers? Are you fucking kidding me?"

I reach for the remote to change the channel and put something else on.

"Okay, I can live with Rick And Morty. Shits lowkey good when you're loaded."

I press the tip of the lighter to the bowl again when I freeze.

"Can I get a hit of that?"

Who the fuck else is here? I live alone! Slowly, I turn around, my eyes landing on something I thought I would never see in my lifetime. My bong slips from my hand and shatters on the floor. Immediately I curse, not moving my eyes away from this...thing. It smiles.

"I can help with that."

It snaps it's fingers, my bong returning to complete normality. It walks over and sets it down on the coffee table, sitting down next to me.

"How fucking crossed am I!? I smoked one bowl what the FUCK."

It smiles.

"You aren't completely crossed yet. I'm not fake. See?"

It reaches its hand out toward me and gently brushes my shoulder. Holy shit it is real!

"What...are you?"

It smiles brightly and puts its hand over my eyes. It's touch is cold but familiar. Like one of a humans, except whatever this was it wasn't human. It's body was mutilated and dark. You could barely see it's eyes if it even had any at all. When it removes its hand i'm in shock. Complete awe.

"Better?"

"OH HOLY FUCK!"

"OH HOLY FUCK!"

He chuckles, a smile tugging at the corners of his lips.

"Hot aren't I? This form is called Yato."

I gulp down the drool pooling in my mouth.

"Fuck yeah. Lemme tap that."

I smile sheepishly to indicate I was joking, but he didn't seem to be phased. He leans over, pushing me gently into the couch, towering over me. He's so big and muscular. Not to mention unbelievably hot. But...he isn't human. He leans close into my ear and whispers.

"You wouldn't be able to tap anything. If there were to be tapping going on, the roles would be reversed."

I put my hands on his chest and push him away. It did nothing.

"W-What are you?"

"Would you like to find out?"

His eyes flash a golden color. They're unbelievably beautiful. I nod nervously. He suddenly gets up and hands me the bong.

"Then pack me one."

He smiles widely, laughing.

"You thought I was gonna-!"

I snap up and cover his mouth with my hands.

"Shut up!"

He smiles again, a muffled "okay okay" pushing through my hands. I retreat and pack him a bowl, handing him the bong and lighter. He smiles and pushes the lighter towards me.

"Only humans need to use that."

He lifts his pointer finger and a small flame bursts from it. He lights the bowl and draws in a long breath, sighing after he finishes. Smoke and the smell of weed cloud the air as he hands me the bong.

"Your turn."

I grab the bong and take a hit, but not nearly as long as his. After blowing smoke for a few more minutes I finally ask.

"So, everything aside. What are you? Where did you come from all of a sudden?"

He looks at me a sheet of worry crossing his face.

"If I tell you you'll leave me."

I shake my head.

"Like hell I would! You're fucking awesome!"

I smile brightly and he smiles back. He covers my eyes again. When he finally takes them off he's changed.

 When he finally takes them off he's changed

"Demon from hell."