Temptation

I blink.

"A fucking what!?"

He shakes his head.

"That's the same reaction I get every time. Anyways, this form is Hitashi."

He begins to get up, waving to me and heading for my door. I jump to my feet and stumble forward in a panic, crashing into him. I've fallen straight into his arms.

"Please don't leave. I don't want you to."

He sighs.

"But what will happen when you've sobered up? Surely you wouldn't want me here then."

I begin to tear up, the alcohol in my body bringing extreme emotions.

"Then I...I won't ever be sober! So I can stay with you forever!"

I tear myself from his grip and head to the fridge, holding up two cans of beer.

"Here! Let's-"

Where did he go!? Is he gone?! I look around my whole house frantically, but unfortunately find no trace of him. I feel emptier than I was before he came to me as I sit down on the couch, trying to figure out if I'm schizophrenic or not. I crack open a can of beer and set the other one down, taking a sip.

"Fuck. I don't even feel like drinking right now."

Sighing I lay down, closing my eyes.

"Maybe I can sleep it off."

I can feel myself start to drift away, but snap awake as I feel a cool breath by my right ear. It's cold, but warm at the same time. It reminded me of driving along the coast line with the heat on and windows down.

"Of course I wouldn't let you escape me that easily."

I jump up on my feet, wide awake. He's standing right next to me!

"Ah! Where did you go?!"

He scratches the back of his neck.

"That's a secret. But I will tell you this."

He holds me close, sitting us both down on the couch, me on his lap. I begin to feel embarrassed.

"The way your eyes lit up when I came back made my heart flutter. Those sparkling hazel eyes have entrances me, so. I'd like to make a pact with you."

A...uhhh...what? He smiles as he looks at my visible confusion.

"A pact is made when a demon and human decide they want to be together until the human passes away. It doesn't have to be a romantic relationship, nor does it have to be a friendship. This is decided by the human. A pact requires two souls, a demon soul and a human soul. It entwines a string between the two. When the string is severed, if the human wishes to, she or he may pass into the demon world. If he or she does not, they may ascend to heaven without their demon."

I look at him, examining every part of him. His sleek black hair, golden eyes, and everything else below that. Do I want to make a pact with this demon? I sit for a bit, staring at him with a concentration unbreakable by anything, then finally speak.