8. jayden

Jayden Greene has never been that good at school.

That was why he flunked his junior year of high school and was held back. He was supposed to graduate the same year his friend, Lacey did. When he got a scholarship to Kingston to play football, it was a saving grace. If it wasn't for that, Jayden wasn't so sure he'd be there.

Football was his life. Ever since he was a little kid, he'd been playing. He had always loved the sport but his dad also played part in that. Wayne Greene always pushed him to be the best. Honestly, Jayden believed that if it wasn't for his athletic skill, his father would've left long ago.

There wasn't much of a connection between them besides football. When Jayden's mother died when he was sixteen– the one parent he could rely on and talk to– he thought it was over.

Jayden excelling in football was the only thing that kept them together.

Wayne was more of a coach than a father. Shit, he was more than a coach. No coach ever rained down on Jayden as much as his dad. For Jayden, it was always work and never play which was part of the reason why as he got older, he got lazier and more rebellious. The other reason being he was just young and that's what youngings do.

Jayden knew all the spots for parties and never turned down a good time but he never ever fucked around with his football.

Jayden took out his earphones and knocked on the door to his dorm room.

Gio answered. "Nigga why you knocking?" he stepped aside and let him through, closing the door behind him.

Jayden looked around and made his way to the small kicthen area. He grabbed a bottle of water out the fridge and opened it. "I aint wanna walk in in case you still had shawty here."

He didn't even know who the girl was. Giovanni only asked for the dorm to himself a couple times to have a girl over. He wasn't even sure if it was the same girl.

"Nah, she left like a hour ago." Gio looked at his roommater closer and let out a laugh. "Dawg, why you sweating? I know yo ass wasn't jogging around campus again. Running around listening to music like a white girl."

Jayden gave him the finger but still grinned. "Aye, what you need to do is go running. Just sex aint cutting it."

"Fuck you. Sex is a workout." he aruged. "You just mad because you aint getting no pus-"

Jayden threw the empty water bottle at him. "Nigga get ready for practice."