Prologue

Ryūnosuke Tanaka was a self-proclaimed ladies man, who was obsessed with the third year beauty Kiyoko Shimizu, along with his dear friend Yuu Nishinoya

Ryūnosuke Tanaka was a self-proclaimed ladies man, who was obsessed with the third year beauty Kiyoko Shimizu, along with his dear friend Yuu Nishinoya. Both proclaim their love and adoration for the woman whenever they could, it was a common occurrence for the rest of Karasuno's boy's volleyball club to witness.

So when the loud rambunctious Tanaka was silent throughout after sch ool practice and when he didn't join Nishinoya in praising their beauty Kiyoko the team knew something was plaguing the buzz cut boys mind.

"Tanaka?" The teams captain questioned during the cleanup time. Without a reply, Daichi continued. "Tanaka is everything okay?"

Tanaka hummed in response before snapping his head up to look at his captain. "Yeah, Daichi I'm fine." He said inching towards the storage room to put back the broom he was using.

"Uhh, you ..." Daichi gulped looking towards vice-captain Sugawara and the rest of the team who had gathered to find out what was going on with their teams resident delinquent. "Well you've been really silent today it's unlike you and we - we were just wondering if anything was bothering you."

"No-"

"Yeah, Tanaka-senpai! Is everything alright." A small ginger bounded up to the duo, staring up at his beloved senpai.

"I'm fine" he said frowning, glancing up at his team Tanaka noticed that they all bore the same concerned face, besides the tall first year Tsukishima. "Do you all think something is up?"

"Tanaka you've been acting very strange since lunch today," Ennoshita said, noticing his fellow second year's weird behaviour.

Signing Tanaka gave in quite easily. "I- I just don't really want to talk about it."

"So something did happen!" Nishinoya shouted, pointing an accusing finger at the boy.

"Yes." Tanaka grumbled "but I don't want to speak about it so can you guys just drop it?"

Sugawara was the first to move towards the grumbling boy, "If something is bothering you, you can speak to us."

Sighing Tanaka began to fidget "I made someone cry" he mumbled. Suga froze not expecting those words to come from the second year's mouth.

"Huh?"

"I made a first-year girl cry." Tanaka felt terrible at what happened, it obviously wasn't his intention to make the small girl cry but it just kind of happened.

"Pft" Everyone turned to look at the blond first year, who was now laughing. "Are you really that unapproachable."

"Shut up! I am not!"

Tsukishima continued to snicker. "Mmm of course you're not." He said waving his hand in front of his face.

Tanaka growled about to pounce on his underclassmen until Daichi pulled him back by his collar. "Calm down Tanaka. Now, who did you make cry?"

"I don't know..."

"What!" Nishinoya shouted a mixture between a gasp and a laugh. "How could you not know. How did it happen!"

With that Tanaka sighed and began to explain what happened "I was uhh. I was walking about the halls and I saw the first-year girl in the schools tracksuit look around all confused and-"

"How did you know she was a first-year?"

"Wha-what?"

"How did you know she was a first-year" Nishinoya repeated himself.

"Well, she was really short," Tanaka mumbled cupping his chin, trying to recall why he thought the girl was an underclassman. To be honest, there was nothing really distinctive to make him think that they were a first-year, he hadn't seen her before, he just had a feeling. "Well not like being short makes you a first-year" The buzzcut boy quickly added after seeing the dramatic glare from his friend.

"Aww don't worry about it Tanaka-senpai, I'm sure you'll find them and you'll be able to apologise." Hinata grinned at his senior patting his arm.

"Don't be an idiot." Kageyama snapped, smacking the ginger across the back of the head. "What's he gonna do walk about the first-year halls until he finds her?"

"Hey! That's not a bad idea!" Noya cheered. "Then you could apologise like a gentleman and be all bashful and take her out to make it up to her! It would be the perfect love story! Man you're so lucky to have this opportunity Ryu!"

The team just stared at the short second year.

"Umm." Asahi started, glancing between Nishinoya and Daichi. "I don't think that's how it would work out."

"What do you mean? It will totally work!"

"Don't be dumb," Kinoshita chimed in throwing his arm over Tanaka's shoulder. "This guy would probably just scare her off again!"

"OI!"

Karasuno's boy's volleyball team flinched and turned to look at the doors to the gym. There stood a very pissed off Kenshin Ukai, the new coach of the volleyball team, with his arms crossed glaring at the high school students.

"You lot are supposed to be cleaning up! Chop Chop!" he shouted clapping his hands together.

"Yes sir."

The team chimed before running off to finish the cleaning for the night.