𝙩 𝙬 𝙤

s o p h i e 

I was walking toward my house from theater rehearsal on the sidewalk, and I couldn't stop thinking about that boy I saw the other day. He was so... unlike any other I've seen before. Why was he different? Idk! What's wrong with me? He literally just wanted to say hi and-

"Ahh!!" I scream as my toe tripped over a rock and I go stumbling down. Just as braced for a giant concussion, a pair of arms caught me.

"So, we meet again," a voice said. I recognized it immediately. Keefe.

He pushed me up and our eyes met.

"Um Keefe, hi, um what are you doing here?" I blurt, and then realize that his arms are still around my waist. I blush frantically. He laughs.

"Uh, Foster, if you didn't know, my house is right there," He says, pointing to the biggest house on the street right behind us. Shoot, he lives in the same community as me. But, this community was pretty big. And why does he call me Foster?

"Oh, um that's cool I guess," I stammer. He lets go of my waist as I straighten my crop top with my hands.

"So, um, you wanna come inside?" He asks, the quickly adds, "You know, just to get some water, since, um, you know, it's hot out here, and we um...need water?"

"Um yeah sure, I guess, let me just call my parents real quick telling them I'll be home late," I say.

"Sure, see you inside then," He says and heads for the house.

I fish out my phone from my pocket and call Grady and Edaline.

"Hello?"
"Hi mom! Is it ok if I come home late today?"
"Sure, but care to tell us why?"
"Um, I'm going over to someone's house.."
"WHO IS IT?" I hear Grady scream from next to Edaline.
"Um just a friend, so um see you bye!" I quickly hang up the phone, but not quickly enough to not hear Grady ask if it was a boy. I cringe, but still walk toward his house. I'm so confused about why I'm trusting someone I literally met 2 days ago. But.. Keefe just see me like someone I could trust, you know? He-

"So, I'm your friend huh?" Keefe asks me, walking outside. I roll my eyes.

"It's just faster than saying 'the weird guy I saw at Braums'," I reply. (alexa and katie ;)

"Hey!," He says as we walk toward the front door. "I'm not weird! I have awesome hair!"

I laugh as he opens the door. Wow. The house was so big. There was a big picture of a grown man on the left side of the hallway.

"Isss that your dad?" I ask. He had the same blonde hair and ice blue eyes as Keefe.

"Yeah. He's kinda full of himself. My family and I aren't really what I'd call close."

"Oh. I'm sorry," I respond. (Idk why I just found that cute. I have problems)

"Nah, don't worry about it," he says, handing me a glass of water from the fridge.

"Hey, how come I've never seen you around? Your Fitz's best friend right?" I ask, taking the glass of water and drinking it.

"Yup. It kinda annoying sometimes being friends with him. He gets mad very easily. And, he has this perfect family and everything. And I'm over here...." his voice trailed off.

I put my hand on his shoulder, and I say, without my permission. Stupid hand.

Just then, someone very similar to the guy in the portrait walked into the kitchen. Must be Keefe's dad.

"Oh, is this the girl you were talking to Fitz on the phone about?" He asks, glaring at me. Wow. Rude. And Keefe talked to Fitz about me on the phone? "I'm Cassius, by the way."

Keefe flushed. "Ummm......no? That was. some other girl?" He replies. Oh. I couldn't help but feel a little jealous about whoever they were talking about. (Sophie being oblivious again)

"Oh ok then. What your name?" He asks me.

"Sophie," Keefe replies before I could answer. Cassius glares at Keefe.

"I didn't ask you now, did I?" Cassius says to Keefe. I grit my teeth, and seems like Keefe was doing that too. How did he live with him?

"Oh um, yeah, I'm Sophie," I mumble. He nods boringly and leaves.

"No offense, but what's up with him?" I ask Keefe.

"Told you. FamIly problems. Been living with him my whole life, and oh boy it was sooo much fun!" He says with a forced grin. I smile sadly.

"And hey, can I have your number? Since we're "friends" according to you," He says with a smirk. I roll my eyes.

"Yeah sure here," I said, handing him my phone. We exchanged numbers after Keefe decided to show me a bunch of pictures of his pranks. It was so fun.

"Well, I better get going, my parents are waiting. See ya!" I say, waving as I go out the door.

"Wait!" He called, and when I looked back, he blushed. "Want me to, um, drive you home? It's kinda dark outside."

I smile. "Yeah, that would be awesome! Thanks!" I say as I follow him into the garage and enter the Porsche.

He smiles sadly. "Anything for you, Foster."