July - Movie inspired

Începe de la început

"Such a nerd, I love it. We can to that if you want but, I was thinking about something else."

Seeing his soft smile, excitation give her skin an electric shock.

"The sea."

Hear the roll of the waves.

Feel the froth tickled her toes.

See the endless horizon.

Try to sunbathe on the beach despite her milky skin.

Flirt with Naruto to make him offer her an ice-cream cone.

What flavour will she choose?

"Mr.Uzumaki, may I have your attention, please?"

Her happy picture was replaced by reality.

They weren't alone anymore. In the cold room, dozen of employees looked at them. Kakashi, still in front of the board, pinched the bridge of his nose and Yamato, the one calling out her husband, seemed to be angrier than his superior.

As earlier, Naruto said nothing. She knew he was uncomfortable as well. His jaw clenched again and his eyes became stormy as soon as he looked away from her. Facing the screen again, he didn't apologise for the disruption.

Once he cleared his throat, Kakashi went back to his explaction. Or rather, his enumeration of informations they had collected during the last few years while his employees took notes. Their moves were stiff, Hinata noticed. And they dared give Naruto several dirty looks.

It had to be said no one would have ever thought that, one day, Uzumaki Naruto, overtrained assassin, would be setting, freely, in the same room as Hatake Kakashi, the head of Japan national security.

Those two shared a history which even Hinata didn't know all the details of.

She knew it all started with the Akatsuki, the Secret Services' number-one enemy.

At that time, this organisation hired hitmen everywhere in Japan. At the beginning, this problem only concerned Japanese people. But when the enemy found the right formula to clone their best recruits, the danger became worldwide.

Naruto was the only one to have survived the Bijuu program. The nine other subjects died because of complications while creating the formula. He then quickly became the favourite among the Akatsuki but also, among the powerful bosses. Rotten bosses all around the world couldn't get enough of him, paying huge sum of money.

Of course, he was so often on the field that his name dropped in the Secret Services' files and a 'catch me if you can' game started between him and Kakashi. But, he was as sly as a fox and could always escape from desperate situations.

In the underground, he was said to have a gift. Kill without hesitation then disappear without leaving a single mark behind wasn't something any one could do. But to a man who only knew sweat, weapons and blood, it's a normal life.

But could you call a man a 'man' if he was living like a robot?

Hinata liked to believe it. Naruto was the perfect example. Even, people who never knew love or happiness could feel powerful emotions such as empathy or compassion.

It's what Naruto felt when he had to kill Teuchi, his superiors' orders.

When he aimed towards his target, he saw his daughter, Ayame, and something grew in his chest. He couldn't kill that man. He knew what it was like to not have a family, to be shocked because of violence. He couldn't - didn't want - to be the one taking away a father from his child before her eyes. Then, he thought about killing them both. But, the idea of killing that girl made him sick.