Chapter 29

Song: S.O.S by The Glorious Sons

"I- I don't think I can do this." Izuku whispered to himself, sitting at the bar and watching Sero and Kaminari set up a few different instruments and lights.

"Fucking called it." Katsuki said, scaring Izuku and nearly making him jump out of his skin.

Shoto rolled his eyes at the blond, grabbing hold of Izuku's hand to try and calm the other's anxiety. "Don't worry about it, you know the songs, you're really good at them, and most people don't tend to focus on the bassist anyways." He pointed out.

"Yeah, they'll be too preoccupied gaping at Shoto and laughing at sparky making a fool of himself." Katsuki added. He really wanted Izuku to concur his stagefright, so he was willing to add encouragement.

He wanted him to be their fucking singer god damn it.

Obviously he just wants his boyfriend to get over his fear as well.

Izuku took in a shaky breath, exhaling a few seconds later. "What if I mess up?" He asked, turning to his two boyfriends.

"Improvise, you're a professional, I know you can." Katsuki said with a lazy shrug. Half of his live playing was improvised.

"Besides, Kaminari has a habit of screwing up at least once every gig, so it's not like I don't have experience covering slip ups." Shoto said, giving Izuku's hand another squeeze.

Izuku nodded, finally being able to calm himself a fraction. He could do this, he could totally do this. He had to do this, for Katsuki and Shoto. "So what's the order again? Just so I know it completely." He asked them, even though they had gone over the order a million times that night. Izuku could repeat it in his sleep, but he was nervous and just wanted to double check. Or triple. Or- nevermind.

"If we go over it anymore, you're just going to forget it for real." Katsuki said with an eye roll at the anxious green haired boy.

Izuku's face scrunched as he tried to understand how that would work, but before he could ask for an explanation, he was being dragged up to the stage. Apparently it was time to start.

"Oh my god, yas Midoriya! Slay you beautiful bitch!" Helix shouted from the counter. She usually had two bartenders working at a time, but Izuku was kind of preoccupied, so she was forced to actually work. With Kirishima.

Let's just say, she found out what he did and was seriously considering firing him, but currently she needed the extra help.

Izuku blushed profusely at his manager's words, just trying to ignore her and hoping that everyone else did too.

He took deep breaths as Shoto did a little bit of talking before their first song. He needed to close his eyes for a few seconds while starting, pretending that he was back in his recording room. Pretending that it was just him, no one else was listening.

The intro was just drums and guitar, and then he came in with Shoto singing.

"Mother, I don't wanna take my medicine
Twenty-four years, in the gutter again
I'm losing it, I'm losing it"

'Deep breaths Izuku, you're doing fine. Look at you, you haven't hurled yet. Gold star.' Izuku thought to himself, slightly smiling at the fact he hadn't completely panicked yet. It probably help that they were starting with one of Izuku's favorite songs.

Shoto totally hadn't planned that at all.

"Everybody's acting like they're all alright
I can barely get myself to sleep at night
I'm sick of it, yeah, I'm sick of it"