Chapter 9

When Izuku woke up the next morning, he tiredly lifted his head. He remembered what had happened the earlier night, not even caring to be embarrassed about it. He had just wanted food and ended up actually getting some rest, he couldn't exactly complain.

He rubbed his eyes with both fists, slowly sitting up. He knew he was still laying on Shoto, who was apparently awake from the way his arms tightened around his waist.

But when he slowly blinked his eyes open he was met with deep crimson ones.

"Kacchan?" Izuku asked sleepily, not completely awake yet.

"You shift a lot in your sleep." Was all Katsuki said in return.

Izuku just nodded and let his head fall back against the blond's chest, not wanting to be awake yet. He let his eyes close again as he tried to go right back to sleep.

"Oi, nerd! What'd you think you're doing?" Katsuki asked, baffled by his actions.

Izuku just nuzzled his head into him again. "Sh, Kacchan. I'm tired." He mumbled back.

"I don't give a damn if you're tired, I'm not your personal pillow." Katsuki said with a scoff. His words indicated annoyance, but he still made no move to physically remove the green haired boy.

"Mm, yes you are." Izuku hummed, faintly smiling at the fact that Katsuki really didn't seem that upset by him going back to sleep.

Izuku heard the door open and more footsteps, assuming it was Shoto.

"Can you get him off me?" Katsuki spoke up.

"No, Kacchan! I'm comfy." Izuku whined, not wanting to be moved.

Katsuki let out a groan at his words. "Go cling to icyhot or something." He said, flicking Izuku's forehead and smirking when the green haired boy squirmed.

"That would require moving and I don't wanna." He mumbled back, letting out a strong huff of air as he talked.

"Shoto," Katsuki said, his tone nearly pleading.

"Don't look at me. You heard him, he doesn't wanna." The other male teased, finding his boyfriend's situation amusing.

"Your guys' relationship confuses me." Izuku said, his words jumbled together and muffled, seeing as his face was still pressed into Katsuki's chest.

Izuku noticed the bed dipping on one side, indicating that Shoto had taken a seat. "How so?" He heard the dual haired male ask.

"I've always thought of Kacchan being a possessive person, but last night he didn't even bat an eye when I was sleeping on you. He even said we could make out if he got to sleep. And you're actually teasing him because I won't get off of him. It's weird." Izuku explained, turning his head and prying his eyes open so he could look at Shoto.

Katsuki was the one to speak up, even though Izuku had expected it to be Shoto. "Why is it weird for us to be secure enough in our relationship that we aren't bothered by platonic cuddling so you can get sleep when you clearly need it?"

Izuku had snapped his head to the blond when he had started talking and was now looking back and forth between the two of them. "Oh um, okay." He said.

He started to get off Katsuki, careful that he didn't accidently hurt the blond. "I have to go, I have work." Izuku said, avoiding eye contact with either of the boys as he awkwardly left their room.

"Bye?" Shoto called after him, looking over at his blond boyfriend with a perplexed look. Katsuki just shrugged, not having any better ideas than Shoto.

Izuku quickly made his way up to his own part of the house, shutting and locking his door. He didn't have work, he just didn't want to stay downstairs any longer.

He wasn't sure why the word platonic had seemed to smack him across the face so much, but it stung.

He silently slid down the closed door, wrapping his arms around himself. He didn't cry, he didn't want to cry. He just... stared blankly in front of him, just like the night before.

Izuku had no clue how long he ended up staying there, but eventually he heard the sound of footsteps coming up his stairs. He was too deep in his own thoughts to even register it and didn't come back to his senses until they tried to locked door handle.

Even then, he didn't move, he just listen to see what they would do next. When they slid a key into the lock, he knew it had to be one of two people.

Uraraka or Shinso.

"Midoriya? What're you doing?" Uraraka's voice called out when she couldn't push the door open further than an inch, due to the boy sitting against it.

"What'd you want, Ura?" Izuku asked with a tired sigh, not moving from in front of the door.

The girl paused for a second, taking in his behavior. "When was the last time you slept?" She asked, knowing that he can get dodgy when he was exhausted.

"Last night. Probably fell asleep around one or something." He said, finally scooting away from the door, but staying on the floor.

Uraraka was finally granted access to his home and looked down at him in worry. "Is there a reason you were barricaded against your door?" She asked him, wondering if she should call Shinso over.

"I didn't want to move anywhere else." He said blankly. He had shifted over a wall and was now leaning back against that, barely meeting her eye.

The brunette kneeled down in front of him, looking over him with unreserved worry. "Sweetie, when was the last time you ate or drank something?" She asked him softly.

"I ate a popsicle last night before I slept." He offered up, knowing that she wouldn't be thrilled with that answer.

"And before that?" She pressed with a knowing look.

He hummed to himself as he thought of the answer. "I had a few cookies yesterday after work."

Uraraka let out a sigh, but nodded. "Okay, I'm gonna call Shinso over. I'll have him stop and pick up some food, okay? What'd you want?" She asked, already pulling out her phone.

"I don't know." Izuku mumbled, wrapping his arms around his legs and resting his chin on his knees.

"McDonalds it is." She whispered as she dialed up Shinso's number.

"Hey Shinso, yeah I'm at his place." She said.

"I don't know what happened, but-"

"Yeah."

"I didn't ask."

"Yup, that exactly."

"Okay, thanks. Get here soon, please." She mumbled before clicking her phone off and kneeling to Izuku again.

"How about I grab your blanket and we watch some old All Might movies?"