Volume 2 part 5.

It was because... of this, wasn't it?

Because he was here, because I met him in such an unexpected way.   

  As soon as I saw him, there was such a strange pain in my chest. One that made me realize that I missed him only after thinking for a long while. 

  Akito looked even more handsome than before, he looked way, way more handsome. At least more handsome than in my imaginations... sigh, I'm not supposed to be a pedophile though, & also not a pervert.

   That's what I managed to convince myself anyway.

'Renaquinn, aren't you eating?' Louise asked as he put another piece of meat in my bowl casually; 'Oh, y-yeah,' I stammered, glancing at Akito for the third time since coming here, & it hasn't even been that long since we came to this fancy hotel-restaurant. 

  He was thoroughly focused on his meal though... it's more right to say he was up in the clouds rather than eating meals.

   'You two seem closer than before,' Hayato commented; 'Honestly, I guessed so when Louise asked me to help his sister back then, but... I didn't realize you've become so close, & so fast not to mention. I wonder how,' he continued his one sided conversation until I opened my mouth to speak.

  'Louise... no, brother asked you to help me? When-'

'That's not important,' Louise cut me off impatiently, & the silence emitted once again.

   -Seriously, I don't get why he even agreed to eat a meal with them from the start if he hated them so much. Why does Louise hate this Hayato anyway? Why does Hayato seem so unusually desperate towards Louise?

  For the first time today, my attention was fully focused on Hayato, & Louise's interactions. Thinking about it, it was weird; Hayato claimed they were friends, but Louise doesn't seem to like him that much. However, from how he was before... it was like he had done something wrong to Louise, but hadn't realized what it was.

   -Wow, seriously... but if I remember correctly, Morimari said Louise only opened his heart to the heroine after Hayato's plane crash. Friends, or not friends, enemies, or not. What are they?

  'Are you done eating?' Louise asked from me as I only kept staring at the meal without taking a single bite; 'Ah... I'm not,' I muttered with embarrassed voice, my face reflecting my emotions as well.

   '... Then eat. I'm going to the bathroom,' he said, & stood up to leave. Hayato also stood up, & followed after him, who had already gone outside after spending few seconds in deep thought. 

  That meant only two of them in the private room, which brought my attention back to Akito all again despite my futile attempts at distraction.

   Blood red hair, that sometimes resembled flames when in light, but darkened in shadows, obsidian black eyes with beautiful charm, tall nose, & thick eyebrows that only made him look more divine.

   Because I never had a chance to look at him closely like this, I carefully took in the features enthusiastically. I didn't even notice the smile widening on my face as I stared at him with my arms supporting my head.

   Only when there was a knock on the door, did I snap out of daze, & unfortunately for me, so did Akito. Our eyes met, & I stared back without knowing what I was doing. It took me a long time to remember how to breath, as I didn't even realize I was holding my breath until the door was knocked on again.

 'Ah, y-yes. Come in,' I gave my permission turning away to look who was coming in. Well that was the excuse anyway.

   As soon as the door opened, my mouth dropped open with my expression mirroring exactly what I felt at the moment; the fuck?

  Those droopy green eyes, the same mischievous smile, & blonde hair with orange tint...

  Seriously, what is wrong with today?

A/N; as I promised, ten chaps right? Well, this is the third.