Thinking

Ben

The late afternoon seemed to drag for Ben at the northern headquarters of the Defenders of Peace.

He leaned back in his chair as he stirred his coffee, yawning every so often.

His mind wandered to Rey, who was somewhere at the western headquarters, and he groaned.

Ben wished that they would be put on the same base rotation, but had given up hope that it would ever happen. It would need to take something out of the ordinary to occur.

Besides, they both knew that it would be impossible for them not to distract each other.

He remembered wistfully the interaction between them only hours ago.

Ben had just finished eating breakfast after getting ready for work, and went into their bedroom to tell Rey goodbye before he set off.

She was still asleep, her back to him as he hovered over her side of the bed.

"Rey." He rubbed her shoulders. "Rey, I've got to go now. You should be up too."

A grunt came from her as she arched her back.

Rey flipped on her other side to face Ben, pulling him on top of her.

Ben chuckled as he showed no attempts of resisting. "Sneaky little wife."

Rey giggled into his neck and tightened her hold. "Let's just stay in bed today. I don't want to do anything but cuddle."

"Me too baby, but we've got work to do." She gave him a pouty lip and Ben almost caved.

"I promise you though, when we get back, I'll give you all the cuddles you want. And then some. Sound good?"

Rey kissed his lips quickly and sweetly. "I still don't like being away from you for so long."

"Me neither, sweetheart." Ben cupped her cheek.

"It's nothing compared to how it used to be though, the old days where we were on separate sides. No matter how much we fought, I always hated watching you leave."

"I know, that's why I did it." She smirked. "So you'd miss me."

Ben took another swig of his coffee as he sat missing his wife.

They had been married for what would have been several living years, the two of them insanely happier than they had ever been before.

Every day Ben found himself falling more in love with Rey, just when he thought he couldn't love her more.

She was changing him in ways he never knew would be possible.

Rey turned him into a hugger and a cuddler; she made him want to be affectionate and have all of her's.

Ben was also rubbing off on her, as she had started to become more patient and thoughtful.

He had also taken it upon himself to teach her how to cook, something Rey had been stubborn about in the beginning.

"I know how to cook, Benjamin." She huffed.

"I've been doing that for myself for a long time. Zander too, who happened to like my food!"

"Really." He gave her an amused smirk. "That doesn't sound like the stories he told me."

Rey crossed her arms across her chest. "What kind of stories?"