Bring Him Home

Song- I Try by Jasmine Thompson

When I first imagined Zander, I immediately thought of Cole Sprouse, because as you can see from the picture above, he looks like a nice combination of Daisy and Adam.

One thing I've really enjoyed writing so far is the family dynamic. Though Ben is not physically with them, Rey and Zander still consider him part of their family, and he them. So when he is around, I find their interactions to be very interesting because it's very sweet yet heartbreaking to watch. This was probably one of my favorite chapters to write, so enjoy!

Ben- three years later...

The command room at the western headquarters of the Defenders of Peace was in a lull compared to its usual hustle and bustle.

Where there were usually many people pouring over maps and coordinates were unfilled posts and empty chairs.

Only two were taken.

Ben Solo was leaning back in his chair sipping his morning coffee, while his grandfather, Anakin Skywalker, was slumped over the table analysing numbers.

He felt a familiar tension in the Force, a pressure in his gut.

"Ben, Ben."

Rey's voice called out in a clear whisper that only he could hear.

Ben looked across the table. "Grandfather-"

"Go to your fiancée." Anakin assured him. "I'll cover for you."

Ben closed his black eyes, following the string to Rey's Force aura.

He opened them to find himself in Rey's living room.

It must have been around the middle of the night, only a single light on over the small table.

Rey sat on the sofa with a blanket wrapped around her shoulders. Her face was red and puffy, her hazel eyes bloodshot.

She stood to meet him. "Oh, Ben. Thank the Force."

He strode over to her. "Rey, it must be past midnight here. Why aren't you asleep?"

"Zander was supposed to be home three hours ago, but hasn't showed up yet." Her lips blubbered and tears began to fall.

"Ben, what if something happened to him? I don't know what I'd do-"

"Hey, hey, hey." Ben shushed as he wrapped his arms around her.

"You would have felt something if it had. I'll go find him and bring him home."

"You will?"

He gave her a small smile. "I promise."

Ben kissed Rey's forehead before closing his eyes once again, trying to locate his son's Force energy.

He was met with a dark night sky and a chill in the air. A fire blazed several yards away from him. Five teenagers sat around it, chatting lightheartedly.

Ben pinpointed Zander, who was grinning as he had an arm wrapped around a pretty blonde girl.

A tick formed in his jaw as he clenched his teeth.

"Zander Benjamin Solo!" He yelled across the clearing, knowing fully well only his son could hear him.

Zander's face went slack.

"I've got to go." Ben saw him say to the girl before standing up and leaving the fire.

Ben waited until they were miles away before turning to his son.