Keep You To Myself

Hey guys! So sorry for the long wait. I just came off an emotionally long week of finals and graduating from high school, and this was not a chapter I wanted to rush while writing. This reunion chapter has been one that I've been imagining and most excited to write since I came up with the idea of Beyond the Stars. I've worked really hard on making the build up and anticipation to Rey and Ben's reunion a big one, so I hope you guys are satisfied with this! Also a big thanks to those of you who vote and comment! I really appreciate it!

Rey

A cool breeze tickled her skin as Rey opened her large hazel eyes. She blinked a few times before she focused on her surroundings.

She was sitting in a tiny boat, surrounded by a dark vast ocean.

Rey had a strong feeling of deja vu, as if she had been here before.

That's when she remembered.

She had been here, in this boat on the same body of water, twenty years ago.

Rey looked down at the ocean below her, remembering how the last time she had jumped in and submerged herself before awakening in Ben's arms the next second.

Ben.

For the first time in twenty years, she could actually sense his Force signature.

It was coming closer to her; their Dyad had been restored.

Rey let out a laugh of pure joy at the feeling, the moist salty air collecting on her tongue.

Land was coming into view, a strip of beach wrapped around green hills and grassy fields; somewhere on there, Ben was coming to meet her just like he had promised.

How strange it was to her that she could have different feelings about being in the same place from separate times.

When Rey had first been in the boat, she wanted desperately to get out of it, but now, there was nowhere else she wanted to go.

She was coming to her home, and Ben was quite the handsome one.

Rey looked down at her reflection in the ocean once again, and was surprised to see that she no longer looked like a forty year old woman, but as if she were twenty again.

Her brown hair was half up, half down, and her wraps were darker than normal.

With a start, she realized that she looked exactly like she did when she met Ben on the Supremacy before he killed Snoke for her.

The boat pulled up on the shore and slid into the sand. Rey climbed out and dusted herself off. She checked her appearance one last time, and began her trek into the lush grassy fields.

She trampled through the mid-calf high blades toward the looming hills.

Ben was getting closer, she could feel it.

Then, from out of the shadows and clusters of trees, a shiny black speeder bike emerged.

Rey recalled a memory of a conversation between Zander and Ben at the table in her kitchen ten years ago.

"Maybe someday, when your time comes and you join me on Al Sed Dur, I can show you my speeder bike."

Zander's eyes grew the size of marbles. "You have a bike? What color is it?"

Ben chuckled. "It's black."

Sure enough, a head of black hair was visible from behind the visor.

Rey's heart fluttered in her chest.

Ben was here.

Rey continued to walk towards the hill as Ben began to speed down it.