5.

"Kol?"klaus and Elijah stood there dumbfounded and Elena had to stifle a giggle. "Well this is no way to treat your guest" Elijah cleared his throat and gestured for them to sit. Kol and Elena made there way to the couch. "Kol who's your... friend?" Instantly Kol grew protective of Elena and seeing the look in Klaus's eyes made him angry. " you'll see, soon but I think right now you could get me a drink?" "Of course dear brother" for the next hour the brothers talked and joked whilst Elena sat there uncomfortably. Eventually the topic had changed to Elena and she looked at Kol as to say tell them and so he did. Klaus just looked at Elena trying to figure  her out. "I guess I should remove the spell now but I would appreciate if you didn't try to kill me" Kol chuckled and Elena mumbled some witchy words and her true appearance was revealed. Klaus and Elijah gasped and klaus sped her into the wall choking her. Kol then threw klaus of Elena and stood in front of her protectively. " did you not listen to anything I said?! She is not Katherine, like I said her name is Elena and I wouldn't try to hurt her after all she is a tribrid" Elijah and klaus looked at each other and then remembered they had compelled Katherine which means that his story had been true.

Elijah looked back at Elena " forgive klaus, we never knew of Katherine having a sister, it's lovely to meet you elena" elena stood out from behind kol "it quite alright, I expected this type of reaction" klaus still didn't look convinced
"klaus Elena is my best friend, you will not try to hurt her and do you really think I would befriend Katherine" kol knew it would take time for klaus to trust. Just then Rebekah came down "Elijah, nik? What-" she stopped talking when she saw kol, she sped down to him and smiled. She then noticed Elena and almost instantly sped her into the wall choking her like klaus did. "You!You have some nerve coming here" Rebekah spat out "wait I'm not kath-" but couldn't finish her sentence as Rebekah snapped her neck. She let her body fall and looked back at her brothers. Kol growled and pushed Rebekah out of the way , he picked up Elena's body and placed her back on the couch. "Kol what the hell? Why are you being so caring towards that slut?!" Once again kol growled "that slut is my best friend and is not Katherine" he repeated what he said to klaus and Elijah telling Elena's story "soooo Katherine has a twin sister who is incredibly powerful and could easily take down all of us" Rebekah then stared down at Elena.

Elena awoke and her hand reached to message her neck. " hey darling, you ok?" Elena smiled at kol and then her eyes landed on the rest of the originals. She glared at Rebekah " yeah, sorry about that, I thought to you were Katherine" she smiled sheepishly at Elena. They all just stared at her and Elena burst out into a fit of giggles. Kol looked at her as if she had two heads, she then started laughing even more at their reactions. "Well obviously you thought I was Katherine, we share the same face"

The rest of the day was spent with Elena and the originals and kol reconnecting with his family. Night fell and Elena let out a yawn, kol knew that Elena was tired. She leaned her head on his shoulder and kol pulled her into his lap rubbing small circles on Elena's back,slowly she began dozing off. The siblings shared a knowing smirk and Rebekah decided that her and Elena would go shopping tomorrow. "Well I'm glad that we're all a happy family again but me and Elena should head back to the hotel" klaus responded with "nonsense little brother you and Elena shall stay here from now on" Kol hesitated thinking if Elena would want that and eventually agreed. "Great, now Elena seems tired so you should probably get some sleep" Kol picked up Elena and sped them into his room laying her on the bed. In the bathroom,he changed into a pair of sweatpants and headed back into the room. Elena was putting her hair into a side braid, she was wearing kol's top, it reached down to her knees and in kol's opinion she looked adorable. She yawned and jumped when she saw kol standing there, he smirked and climbed into his bed. Elena go into the bed as well and snuggled into kol, kol's arm snaked his arm around her petite waist and they fell asleep. It wasn't unusual for them to sleep like this and it had become normal for them to wake up in each other's arms.

I finally updated! The next chapter will be mostly a friendship forming between elena and Rebekah. Enjoy <3