Our Prom

Tom x Male Reader!

Prompt: Prom is cancelled cuz of corona and (S/o) creates a prom of their own for their lover.

"Schools are shutting, proms are cancelled, shops have shut and -"

"I can't believe this happened!" (Y/n)'s voice was sad, obviously.

"I know, I can't believe it either, it's not our fault though, nor theirs." The response was holding remorse for the other, "Actually, can you come round tonight, I know and all about the pandemic but just please?"

"I-" (Y/n) hesitated before responding, "Sure."

Was he really gonna risk his life just for a night with his boyfriend where he risks it all?

Yes.

The two boys said goodbyes, hanging up. Tom now new what to do.

He knew that (Y/n) was upset, and he didn't like it, he wanted his smile, his laugh.

Sighing, (Y/n) turned off the TV, he didn't want to scare himself out of going to Toms.

Looking at the clock he decided he better set off. Toms house isn't that far and (Y/n) knew that it was about 3-4 blocks away.

What did Tom want him round for anyways?

His thoughts took over and before he knew it he was there.

Knocking on the old wooden door, it opened to reveal Tom. In all his glory.

Excitedly he exclaimed, "Hi (Y/n)" he was smiling, like a lot.

"Someone's excited?" A giggle came from (Y/n), making Tom smile even more. He loved (Y/n)'s giggle, the one that made him feel butterflies, the one which could brighten up his day.

Rolling his eyes, he took a hold of (Y/n)'s hand taking them into the back garden.

Red roses has sprouted all around, with a few smaller pink flowers with them. A large fence surrounded the garden, while fairy lights hung from the top.

"Woah." (Y/n) breathed out in disbelief. Tom laughed.

"I know it's not as grand as prom, but would you like to dance?" He held his other hand to (Y/n).

Taking a hold of it, he pulled them closer as he moved his hands to the others waist. (Y/n) now moving his to around Toms neck.

Why do you build me up buttercup, baby

Just to let me down and mess me around?

And then worst of all you never call, baby

When you say you will but I love you still

I need you more than anyone, darlin'

You know that I have from the start

So build me up buttercup, don't break my heart

Looking up, (Y/n)'s eyes met hazel ones. Grinning, he laid his head on Toms chest still swaying to the beat with him.

Why do you build me up buttercup, baby

Just to let me down and mess me around?

And then worst of all you never call, baby

When you say you will but I love you still

I need you more than anyone, darlin'

You know that I have from the start

So build me up buttercup, don't break my heart

Laughing, Tom kissed (Y/n)s forehead. His smile not leaving for even a second.

I, I, I need you more than anyone, baby

You know that I have from the start

So build me up buttercup

"Thank you" (Y/n)s voice cut though the song fading away.

"For what" Tom looked down at the boy, confused.

"Giving is a prom." Tom laughed again. "I prefer this over prom though, so thank you."

"No problem, Buttercup."

——————

An update? Omg

Yo- like it's nearly 4am and I wanted to write something cute so take it. Don't complain.

Thanks :)