Chapter 7: Blue Eyes and a Run

Chapter 7

We tumbled down on the sand and I fell on top of him. I stared into those deep blue eyes for seconds but I felt it had been longer.

"You okay there?" He chuckled. I smiled at him before I did the most embarrassing thing. My eyes rolled back into my lids and I dropped myself from my propped up position.

I fell asleep on him! I have been coming here often that my sleeping has been weird now. I realized that it got to the point where I needed sleep badly! Unfortunately I happened to sleep right on top of this player.

"Lori! Lori! Wake up!" He shouted shaking me. I opened my eyes half way and I took in our position. He was sitting up and I was cradled in his lap.

Wow. This feels nice.

No. It does not.

"What happened?" I murmured, looking up at him and then to his arms which were around me. He loosened his hold on me and I slipped out of this embrace of the sort. I got scared again because of this normal closeness. Then I got mad for feeling this way so shortly after a break up.

"You kinda fell on top of me. Your eyes closed and I though you fainted. Can't get enough of me huh?" He smirked.

"I did? And I don't think I'd want you." I said.

"Sweetie, that hurts my feelings." He mocked hurt.

"Don't call me sweetie. And I couldn't give a bigger damn about your feelings." I snapped. I don't know where the anger came from but I felt like I had to get it out. Sadly, it was on this hot guy sitting too far from me.

"Right. Well, I'm sorry I gave such a big damn about you hurting yourself." He said sarcastically.

"You didn't have to! I would've been fine just falling on the sand!" I retorted.

"Yeah then you wouldn't wake up and who knows, you could have gotten raped, kidnapped!" He shouted back.

"Why do you care! That would have been the cherry on top of my life!" I yelled.

He stayed quiet after this and gave me a glare. He turned around and began walking.

"By the way! I took your advice." He paused as he stopped. I looked at his red fabric covered back.

"Your sister was great." He said and walked on.

"Right. It was expected of you!" I shouted back.

I walked off into the other direction, crossing my arms on my chest.

"I can't believe him! It's not liked I asked him to talk to me. And he can screw any girl he'd like to! I wouldn't give a damn!" I scowled at the sand.

But it did sort of bother me that he actually screwed my sister...

..............................................

By the time I got home, the sun was becoming a pale blue and I decided I could get some actual sleep, in a bed. Not on top of a boy.

I slipped in my window and I climbed into bed, sand and all. I didn't care for now, I just cared for sleep.

I dreamt the night of Victor cheating on me again. This time, it seem like I was strapped to a chair, sitting in front of the doorway watching them. I heard Victor's repeated "baby" and I kept seeing Maeve's smirk.

I woke up crying and screaming, clawing my eyes because I didn't want to see anything. I didn't scratch hard enough to leave marks but the action still left a stinging pain on my teary eyes.