Chapter XXVIII -D- Even

I get home with the sole purpose of leaving the fastest way possible. I want to see Honey. However, my plans are deviated by the four guys chilling in my living room.

"Don't you guys have homes?" I ask slightly annoyed.

"Someone is in a hurry." Matt states.

"Going to see your 'Honey'?" Leo asks and makes kissing noises. Is he a teenager? Yes, absolutely.

"Yes." I'm thankful as hell for their help but I can't deal with any more time without Honey.

"I hear you guys had fun saving your romantic interest, but you lost a killer party." Leo is laying down on one sofa, like a cat content with his life.

"I gather the person you had to meet paid off." I say.

"She did me for free." He grins and Jared hits him over the head.

"Nothing that happened in that party will ever be as awesome as what we went thru." Matt is bragging and we all know about what, except for Leo.

"Nah man, you spent 17 hours in a car, all together, with Dylan being a ball of annoyance, I'm sure. No way that was fun."

"Ohhh....poor Leo." Matt pretends to sniff. "You have no idea...my heart aches for you."

Leo rolls his eyes at Matt and looks at us to see if we agree that he had the most awesome night.

"I had the most awesome night because I got Honey back safe, but these guys..." I point to the rest of the gang. "They discovered a whole new world."

"What? What does that mean?" He looks at his brother that only shrugs. "Come on guys you are messing with me." He looks at Vincent that only shakes his head. We all know that Vincent doesn't usually mess around, so for him to agree with our statement...

The irony is that Leo was the first to speak of mermaids when we discussed the party at Anthony's house. And now...we all seen more than one, and he has no idea they actually exist. I still remember him saying 'I'll meet a mermaid and you won't!'. Guess what asshole, I'm dating one. I laugh to myself and Leo looks at me like I'm crazy.

"Guys I'll change clothes, be right back." They all nod, except for Leo that is still whining for someone to tell him what was so spectacular.

"Come on....just tell me!" Is the last thing I hear before entering my room.

I change into some comfortable clothes, grab my keys, phone and wallet and exit the room.

They are still in the living room.

"I was hoping you guys left by now."

"No way! We are coming with you!" Leo says with determination.

"You are what? I don't need candlesticks."

"He wants to go because he doesn't believe in us." Jared explains. That makes sense, but he saw Honey before, not sure what he expects to see different this time.

"No! I want to go because I want to see Meleah! She's my friend too!"

"She is? I had no idea you had such a deep relationship, since you only met once." Jared says sarcastically.

"We do!" He insists.

"I don't particularly mind." I say and he jumps from the sofa. "However..." This stops him in his track. "If you bother her with stupid things for your amusement, you'll regret it."

He raises his arms in a surrender way and keeps walking towards the door. Before I know it we are all in the car.

"Why did you all have to come?" I look from the rearview mirror to each one of them.