Chapter 17

The burning sensation in my hands returned, the world around me swirling. The world stopped spinning, and a bright light shone against my face. I opened my eyes, to see Wakanda's shrubbery all around me. "What?" I breathed. "Tanya?" I heard Sam calling my name.

I stood up, wandering into the clearing. "There you are," Sam said. "What happened?" I asked. "Someone snapped us back into the living world," T'Challa said. Trudging through the woods, were Shuri, Ch'tasi, and M'ahni.

C'tasi ran up to T'Challa, burying her head in T'Challa's chest. "I missed you, brother," She mumbled. "I'm sorry, Ch'tasi," He said, stroking her head. "We're--we're alive," I stuttered, and Bucky nodded. I felt the cracks in my heart fracture it into two pieces.

 "We're alive," I repeated. "Is something wrong?" Sam asked. "I'll tell you later," I shook my head. Suddenly, a portal opened up and a woman with a red cape floated through. "Welcome back to the land of the living. Come on, it's been 5 years, they need us," She said.

"5 years?" M'ahni croaked. "Yes. We need to go. Now," She insisted. We all nodded in acknowledgment. Sam pressed a finger to the com in his ear. "Hey, Cap, you hear me?" He asked.

"Cap, it's Sam. Can you hear me?"

a/n Ay, it's Akari 'Aya' Rii, who is the protag of my Dr. Strange book.