"Ah, are you scared?" Jimin now purposely dug one of his nails deeper into Taehyung's fin, causing a slight tear and some red dots of blood to mix with the water, floating upwards.

As a last resort to save himself from his panicked and hurt state, Taehyung spread his side fins widely to show off intimidating, the define spines within his fin pierced through his enemy's skin.

"You fucker! You'll pay for this!" The silver haired shouted out in pain, letting go immediately. He glared at the backs of both Taehyung and Hoseok. They swam off quickly, leaving a trail of bubbles behind.

"Dang, that was so cool! Good job dude!" Hoseok patted Taehyung's shoulder. He couldn't be more proud of his best friend who stood up for himself.

"No, it wasn't. I'm doomed, Hobi. I'm done for! He'll─He'll absolutely destroy me!" The blue tailed panicked, gripping onto his floaty locks.

Jimin and Taehyung have been enemies ever since they first laid eyes upon each other. That definitely wasn't Taehyung's idea, but he figured there was no hope for a blooming friendship between them ever since their first encounter. He realised quickly enough that Jimin wanted his competition completely wiped out of the picture, since they are both two of the most popular mermen.

The silver tailed's fins aren't anywhere near small. It wouldn't even surprise Taehyung if they were an inch longer than his own. He'd rather not think about that, but it made him wonder why Jimin was trying to hard to make his life a living hell in the first place.

The male always finds a way to bully him. His message was loud and clear. He wanted to be the only one mermaids drooled over. 

Hoseok sighed, "I'm still proud of you. I could never. I don't dare to speak up to him, so I think that what you just did was really brave." 

Taehyung just shook his head, lost in thought.

"Hobi.. I need some time alone. I'll see you later." His friend nodded, understanding. "Alright, be careful."

With that, Taehyung took off.
Secretly exiting their world, he swam closer to that of the humans.

After a little while, he hid behind a rock. In the back of his mind, he was aware that he shouldn't be this close.
Hell, he was even crossing his own limits at this point.

But his raging thoughts and still slightly stinging fin from Jimin's earlier doings blinded him. His emotions got the best of him, taking over instead.

That was when he noticed a small, white note drifting in front of him.

An instant smile creeped up his face, his curiosity taking over his sadness quickly.

He swam towards it, fingers reaching out to grab it. His eyes fell onto the scribbled down letters.

'My dream came true today. I'm starting my new job soon! To whoever out there who reads this, I wish you'll be able to accomplish your dreams too.'

Taehyung smiled brightly. Somehow, this note gave him a little bit of hope.
It made him feel warm inside, like he wasn't alone. As if there is truly someone out there who understands him.

He held the cherished message tightly in his palm, wanting to make his way back to Hoseok. He was probably waiting for him.

He peeked over the rock to make sure no one was there, before he pushed himself back into the deeper waters.

Not even getting two metres further, he suddenly squeaked out in pain.

Looking back, he saw that his bottom fin got tangled up in something big. Eyes widening in horror, he began trashing around. He doesn't know the name of the thing he got stuck into, but he does know that all kinds of fish get trapped in these things. He has seen it happen before.

The more he trashed around in a futile attempt to get himself free, the more it tightened around his tail, scraping harshly against his beautiful scales and getting stuck in between them.

The thing soon began wrapping around his waist, refraining him from moving any further. It hurt more than anything he ever felt before. The more he struggled to get free, the more it worked against him. Some scales bended backwards as the lines got stuck between them, creating  a pain so bad he stopped moving entirely.

Due to all of his struggling, he failed to notice how he slowly got himself in the shallow waters. Humans could easily spot him now. If it wasn't for him, the wave of crimson that washed upwards was an attention-catcher on its own.

Taehyung had no clue what do do. He was mortified. As the dreaded minutes passed by, he began giving up. The pain consumed him, causing him to lose his fight.

He was sure that was it. He would get caught, betraying all of the other merfolk in the process.

His eyelids fluttered shut as the pain hit him again, taking over his thoughts. He felt his heart hammering in his chest. The feeling of scales ripping off will forever be imprinted on his memory.

About to feel his very last bits of hope sink to the bottom of the ocean, his eyes opened in shock once he heard something dive in the water near him.

This was it.
He was doomed.