one

⋅•⋅⊰∙∘☽ derelict ☾∘∙⊱⋅•⋅

The young girl carefully folded the letter and put it in the pocket of her baggy trousers. As she ran her gaze through the words engraved on the paper, she decided to make sure that she had everything she needed to go through with her plan.

It had been a year since a new king took the throne of Narnia, changing the entire land. Narnia was reborn at the hands of King Caspian. A bright-eyed young girl followed the process of the land's flowering. Her name was Lorna Caelum. And after the fight against Miraz, she became one of Caspian's top confidantes. That is how she became one of Narnia's most important and influential people.

Even though she felt perfectly fine in the kingdom, she still felt that something was missing. She couldn't explain what it was, but she knew she couldn't stay there. Thinking for weeks about whether or not to leave, she decided to get on a ship and find the missing piece of her life.

She took the last box that was still in her room and took it to the barn, where Caspian was waiting for her, with Regulus by his side. Both of them eyed the girl with a discernible worried look on their faces.

"Are you sure you want to leave?" the King asked, taking the box from her and put it on the cart that was waiting for her to take her to the mysterious water.

Instead of answering, she continued to pack her belongings to the cart, sending a reassuring smile to the king. She knew he was going to bombard her with questions like that, she didn't expect anything else. Ever since Narnia's Protector, Ellie asked Caspian to take care of the young girl, he had done everything he could to make sure she had everything she needed and to make her feel as at home as possible. So he did the same thing he did to Ellie when the red-haired girl showed up at the castle by the Professor's side. He treated her like a sister he never had.

Lorna never imagined that she could miss someone the way she missed Ellie. The redhead was the first person she could trust after many, many years. The one who freed her, giving her a chance to start over. Lorna knew the older girl would also want her to leave, to trust herself and her instincts. Ellie would want her to follow her heart. The perfect proof of that was the letter hiding in her pocket that the girl wrote to her before she returned to her world with the Kings and Queens of old.

The other proof was the gift the Protector handed to her alongside the letter and was hanging around the young girl's neck at that moment. Ellie gave Lorna the necklace that she received from Father Christmas. But it was no ordinary necklace. Even though it was split into two pieces, it was still magical. If you wished for a weapon or anything that you would use as a weapon, it would appear in your hands. It was the object Lorna cherished the most. She never lost sight of it and kept it with her all the time.