five

⋅•⋅⊰∙∘☽ obscurity ☾∘∙⊱⋅•⋅

The Reaper of Narrowhaven was undeniably hurt.

Even though her face remained as empty as a blank canvas, her head was clouded with many and many distracting thoughts. In the back of her mind, she was reminded of those long months when she had waited for Caspian to come and save her. However, as he stood in front of her, she felt no relief. By the time he got there, all the hope she held had evaporated. 

Listening to the King and Lucy explain the reason for their adventure, Lorna had to become aware of the fact that the reason wasn't her. Caspian never searched for her. He was searching for some old men he had barely met. But not her. And that thought haunted her.

"Clear the streets. Make sure the slave traders have all surrendered," Caspian told Drinian, a man Lorna met once or twice but not more, before he turned back to Aiysha. "Do you have a place where they could be in the meantime? I'm sure this must have been upsetting to them," he spoke softly as he glanced at the people who were saved from being sold.

He wasn't wrong, and Lorna knew that. Those people still stood a few steps behind her, unsure of what to do, trying to calm themselves and others. Aiysha sent a look to the tense brunette, and although Lorna's jaw tightened from the thought of revealing their safe place, she respected Aiysha enough to not ask her questions or resist at that moment, so with a simple nod, she turned around and motioned to the people to follow her.

"Come, you should see where the Outcasts live," Aiysha told the Narnians and began explaining who they were and what happened to them as they also followed the Reaper.

Lorna had many questions in her head but chose to force them into a dark place where they would be hopefully forgotten. As she walked into the forest, a boy appeared next to her and mirrored her pace with a grin. It was the boy who she first met when she escaped from Governor Gumpas.

"That wasn't so bad, Reaper," he said.

"Gale, I have told you a few times to call me by my name," she sighed.

"But that's boring," he spoke, folding his arms.

Lorna rolled her eyes but didn't bother to even glance at him for a second. "Has anyone told you?"

"Told me what?" Gale asked, confused.

"That your opinion is irrelevant," she stated before quickening her pace to leave him behind.

It didn't take long to reach the safe place of the Outcasts, which meant that Lorna's work was almost over. She didn't give herself time to rest, pulling down her dark camouflage, she handed it to a younger girl with a barely noticeable grateful smile, who usually helped her wash it thoroughly. Then she swiftly washed the dirt and blood off her face, which was already starting to dry on her skin. With great, hasty steps, she left and rushed towards the Outcasts' infirmary. From the corner of her eye, she spotted Caspian and the others, who were still in Aiysha's company, and there seemed to be a deep conversation between them. A part of Lorna would have rushed up to them, as they had been separated for years, yet she couldn't get herself to even take a single step towards them.